Feelings right after exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KobeshouldbeaMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So after searching this forum a lot, I get the general sense that individuals who usually feel like crap after the exam end up scoring like 230+ however I just took my exam and I actually did not feel like crap, I actually felt like it was a fair exam and I also felt like it could have been WAY harder. This isn't a troll posted really, I'm just worried now because I didn't feel bad that I actually did bad... anyone else walk out of the exam feeling okay and end up doing relatively well?

Just want your input, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, congrats on being done!
I wrote my step exam last week, and I felt it was fair as well. However, I have learned not to trust my feelings since they can be outrageously misleading. For example, when taking NBME's leading up to the real test in dedicated, I thought I did great but ended up scoring 20 points lower than my final practice exam, where coincidentally I felt like I bombed.

So moral of the story: I don't know what to tell you :D

Hello, congrats on being done!
I wrote my step exam last week, and I felt it was fair as well. However, I have learned not to trust my feelings since they can be outrageously misleading. For example, when taking NBME's leading up to the real test in dedicated, I thought I did great but ended up scoring 20 points lower than my final practice exam, where coincidentally I felt like I bombed.

So moral of the story: I don't know what to tell you :D

Hahahah comforting

Yeah... post-test feelings probably have no connection to actual score. For my class exams, there have been times when I thought I did well, only to find out I did poorly. Then other times, when I thought I had genuinely failed, I actually ended up with a good score. Probably depends a lot on the exam curve. I think it's good that you feel confident because it makes the waiting period easier.

Nothing is for free with the nbme lol not even peace of mind

Members don't see this ad :)
I always get the opposite of test nerves, "test calms".
I felt really good coming out of the exam, so much so I didn't tell anyone so I didnt jinx myself.
My NBMEs were clustered around 230, ended up with a 248!

I had no idea what to feel when I took it last month. I felt like I was straight up guessing on so many questions.