SMRX

Accepted Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
San Antonio
Status
Pharmacy Student
I thought it was time to start a new thread for the class of 2012. :)

For those of you who will be new to San Antonio feel free to ask questions (ie where to live, things to do)

lxapillpusher

Stressed Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacy Student
nice thread. I basically live here in san antonio too so ask me whatever. Congrats by the way! see you people next semester

OP
SMRX

SMRX

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
San Antonio
Status
Pharmacy Student
hey lxapillpusher - after we submit our deposit will the school send us a welcome packet or something that will contain information regarding the program? or do we have to wait until orientation? I'm so excited - I don't think I can wait until August!

lxapillpusher

10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacy Student
hey lxapillpusher - after we submit our deposit will the school send us a welcome packet or something that will contain information regarding the program? or do we have to wait until orientation? I'm so excited - I don't think I can wait until August!
good question. and i have NO idea haha. I'm hand delivering my deposit tomorrow or tuesday and I'll let you know then. where are you from by the way?

IrishRxMan

10+ Year Member
May 1, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
Congratulations to the class of 2012! Enjoy the summer and don't stress about anything. Just get into the financial aid office early and apply for your grad plus loans if you need them, which you probably will. I have lived here for almost 30 years in the area around campus, so I can give advice on where is a good (and bad) place to live.

Pharm0487

10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
Congrats everyone! I am really excited about the upcoming year and putting some names to faces! I am coming from Houston and have no idea about the area but I have a friend in c/o 2011 that is doing his best to help me figure it all out. I am already excited about joining Kappa Psi! :D

Atx2012

10+ Year Member
May 4, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Congrats to all class of 2012.

I have a question if you guys don't mind...anyone still has pre req to take this summer?

Pharm0487

10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
Yep! Physics and PE.

Atx2012

10+ Year Member
May 4, 2008
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
are you taking it in SA?

Anyone taking anatomy physiology II in SA this summer?

OP
SMRX

SMRX

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
San Antonio
Status
Pharmacy Student
good question. and i have NO idea haha. I'm hand delivering my deposit tomorrow or tuesday and I'll let you know then. where are you from by the way?
I'm from SA- lived here practically all my life. I graduated from UT Austin a few years back and just pretty much worked in pharmacy.

Yeah I'm also going to hand deliver my deposit sometime tomorrow.

Are you from SA?

OP
SMRX

SMRX

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
San Antonio
Status
Pharmacy Student
Congrats everyone! I am really excited about the upcoming year and putting some names to faces! I am coming from Houston and have no idea about the area but I have a friend in c/o 2011 that is doing his best to help me figure it all out. I am already excited about joining Kappa Psi! :D
My husband and I lived in Houston for a couple of years- we're so glad to be back. We couldn't stand the traffic. I'm sure you'll like San Antonio so much better :D

OP
SMRX

SMRX

10+ Year Member
Aug 16, 2007
San Antonio
Status
Pharmacy Student
Congrats to all class of 2012.

I have a question if you guys don't mind...anyone still has pre req to take this summer?
No thank goodness. Just an FYI, I took A/P II at SAC with Instructor King. She's very good. Straight forward, just learn her notes and you are guaranteed an A.

RXdoctor

Pharmacy Student
10+ Year Member
Jan 12, 2008
San Antonio Texas
Status
Pharmacy Student
hey guys,
I am coming from Dallas, but I am originally from Houston. I also have to take physics and PE, and Philosophy. wow, all the classes I need start with P! I called them this morning about the physics, and I just took it last semester and now I have to take it again, (cal based). I am taking everything here in dallas at CC, in a summer I session so I can have some type of vacation before school starts.

I cant wait to meet you guys, I think we have years to get to know each other too...

ps, there are 2 c/o 2012 rooms,
the other thread in the correct category, so if you guys wouldnt mind moving there.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=520089

use the above thread, please for c/o 2012 students

Pharm0487

10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2008
Status
Pharmacy Student
I'm taking the class in Houston. I'm definitely just going to take both of them at community college. I'm just kicking back this summer and relaxing since the next 4 years is well... work. I am taking advantage of my new freedom and milking it for as long as possible :)

lxapillpusher

10+ Year Member
Feb 16, 2008
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacy Student
I'm from SA- lived here practically all my life. I graduated from UT Austin a few years back and just pretty much worked in pharmacy.

Yeah I'm also going to hand deliver my deposit sometime tomorrow.

Are you from SA?

Hey there, I hand delivered my deposit yesterday! it was pretty neat walking into the building as a pharmacy student! Haha, there was a lot of pride walking in there with my chin held up.

But yeah, I'm from San Antonio. I'm an undergrad from uiw. Was aiming for a BS in bio...but it was going to take me another 2 years. Pharmacy school got in the way of my BS, oh well, i can handle