Fellowship Opportunity-Interventional PMR Pain

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

normalforce

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Five physician (3 PM&R, 1 Anesthesia, 1 Neurologist) multi-specialty pain practice looking for an 2012-2013 fellow, starting July 2012. Our practice is a large practice with 9 offices across the northeastern corner of Indiana, based out of Fort Wayne.

Training includes: full scope of interventional pain management (including pumps and stim), opioid management, electromyography, headache management, and propoer utilization of physical therapy and psychology (practice has both a Ph.D. pain psychologist and a D.P.T.)

Salary is $100,000/yr, 4 weeks vacation, extensive CME (including ISIS courses; lumbar, cervical, SCS) and additional comprehensive benefits.

If interested contact us at:

[email protected] or feel free to PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
great opportunity????????????
It is not acgme accredited, so you won't be able to sit for any legitimate board certification in pain. Most of these guys take the American Board of Pain Medicine certification (not legitimate). Programs like this are popping up all over the US with no oversight or standardization. May be a great program, but why not go ACGME so you have more proof that program is legitimate and make our specialty held to a higher standard. It's like a CRNA program where the SRNA all say they are equal to anesthesiologists in training, but we all know most of those guys train in small community hospitals where they don't even come close to the breadth of cases or complexity and some of the attendings are old guys with outdated knowledge and skills. What's to say that these other pain programs are any better than that. We need to protect our specialty before we ruin it with these shananigans.

Last edited:
great opportunity????????????
It is not acgme accredited, so you won't be able to sit for any legitimate board certification in pain. Most of these guys take the American Board of Pain Medicine certification (not legitimate). Programs like this are popping up all over the US with no oversight or standardization. May be a great program, but why not go ACGME so you have more proof that program is legitimate and make our specialty held to a higher standard. It's like a CRNA program where the SRNA all say they are equal to anesthesiologists in training, but we all know most of those guys train in small community hospitals where they don't even come close to the breadth of cases or complexity and some of the attendings are old guys with outdated knowledge and skills. What's to say that these other pain programs are any better than that. We need to protect our specialty before we ruin it with these shananigans.

Can a non-academic program get ACGME certification for a fellowship?

Can a non-academic program get ACGME certification for a fellowship?

Short answer. No.

http://www.acgme.org/acWebsite/downloads/RRC_progReq/sh_multiPainPR707.pdf

" Only multidisciplinary programs will be accredited. A program in pain medicine will be accredited only if it is conducted in an institution that also sponsors residencies accredited by the ACGME in at least two of the following specialties: anesthesiology, neurology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, and psychiatry"

So in P.D.'s rant above, s/he assumes that all of the pain doctors our nation needs can be trained in the few ACGME-cetified fellowships that exist. 90 - 100 programs training, what, 200 docs per year maybe? With a population that is growing in terms of # of people and average age? And with a looming doctor shortage?

Well, I guess then we can fill the rest of the void with all those CRNAs who are getting their own Pain board certification through their nursing boards. :rolleyes:

Our fellowship offers comprehensive training from proper H&P, physical exam, diagnosis, opioid use, to full spectrum of interventional care (ESI to Stims/Pumps). We have PM&R pain, Anesthesia pain, Neuro pain, Headache Clinic, Physchologist, Addictionologist, Physical Therapist, Wellness Program, Upright MRI, Urgent Care, etc....

I believe we hit the nail on the head so to speak...

Our fellowship offers comprehensive training from proper H&P, physical exam, diagnosis, opioid use, to full spectrum of interventional care (ESI to Stims/Pumps). We have PM&R pain, Anesthesia pain, Neuro pain, Headache Clinic, Physchologist, Addictionologist, Physical Therapist, Wellness Program, Upright MRI, Urgent Care, etc....

I believe we hit the nail on the head so to speak...

how many fellows have you guys trained so far?

I would like to post on update on this thread. Effective October 16th, 2012, I left the practice secondary to investigations by multiple agencies against the owner of the practice. I am happy to answer any questions via PM.