Fellowships after child neurology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arkdoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am a M3 that is interested in doing Child Neurology. I was wondering if there are any fellowships after Child Neurology that specifically deal with Cerebral Palsy? My family has a history with this, my twin brother has it and my wife's 1st cousin have CP which makes this particular condition very interesting to me. I hope someone has some information out there that can chime in. Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I am a M3 that is interested in doing Child Neurology. I was wondering if there are any fellowships after Child Neurology that specifically deal with Cerebral Palsy? My family has a history with this, my twin brother has it and my wife's 1st cousin have CP which makes this particular condition very interesting to me. I hope someone has some information out there that can chime in. Thanks for the help.

There are ACGME accredited fellowships in 'Neurodevelopmental Disability' which I think do include CP as part of training. Additionally I know of pedi neurologists having completed fellowships in epilepsy as well. UCSF also has a pediatric vascular neurology fellowship which I think is also heavily focussed on research and clinical issues in CP.

Neurodevelopmental Disabilities is a 6 year program with 2 yrs of Peds followed by 4 years of training broken down in 12mo adult, 18mo pedi neuro and 18mo NDD. You definitely get a lot of exposure to CP in NDD. However since there are only 8 programs that offer NDD, you should look into doing an away rotation at one of them: Baylor, Oregon, UT Southwestern, Indiana, DC Children's, Johns Hopkins, Pitt, and Boston Children's. Best of luck!