MSW Fellowships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wesleysmith

LCSW
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know a few of you out there are graduating this month, or soon thereafter. Have any of you applied for any fellowships? I've found quite a few that look very interesting, and they seem to offer incredible training and even the chance to specialize post-graduation (not to mention they pay you, offer benefits, and help you complete your hours). I would be interested in finding out how competitive these fellowships are, I would wager very, being that they are not incredibly common in social work. Either way I plan on applying come my time, just thought I'd see what's good. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Of course I wanted the VA post grad fellowship but I am geographically restricted. There aren't any fellowships (I've looked and looked. And looked) offered in the area we are moving to.

There are several in the New England area. Some are germane to SW and some are interdisciplinary. I would say that they are competitive because of the large number of viable applicants in this area. I would certainly apply if I was staying put.

I have been looking for them in my area as I think they are great opportunities. My instructor went through a program here that no longer exists and I'm quite jealous of his experience.

I would do one in a heart beat if moving was an option.

Reactions: 1 user