Fellowships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orthoguy

Assman
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anthing about EM fellowships/lifestyles/where I can find out more about them?

Members don't see this ad.

Check the acep.org, saem.org, or aaem.org websites. Also try emra. You could also do a search on this website for previous discussions, as this topic has been discussed before.
Q

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know much about the International EM fellowships beyond what's mentioned on the above sites? Anybody at a place that has one? What seems to be the focus of the research that they're doing at your place?

This is what I know about the following programs

Loma Linda- Strong commitment by the institution to do international work, it is 1yr and I was told that you spend about 6mos of the time abroad.

UIC and John Hopkins are 2 yr programs that offer and MPH with completion of the fellowship. I believe that they focus more on looking at ways to improve public health, EMS, and ED infrastructures in foreign countries. I don't know how much time they spend abroad.

The guy at Baystate in Mass, his name is ARnold, is kind of a guru. He wrote the description on eMedicine. He's pretty cool. Obrien in Louisville kind of has a sweet little thing set up with Arnold. Levy at Wayne St Rec is just getting on off the ground, he's from Roosevelt or something and he's a really cool guy. So is Obrien by the way, he's also a tactical EMS guy. Loma Linda is about as good as it gets though. Tamara Thomas is the head of IEM there. She is setting up a huge deal for IEM in Barcelona or someplace this fall. Type her name in and International into google to find out more.