Quantcast

Felony, Expungement, and Licensure

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spdent

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Planning on that. Just looking for any info before taking that option.

Queen Beach

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
I believe it's important that people in all health professions be of good character.

jda02624

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since this stuff happened when you were a minor, wouldn't it be sealed or not on your permanent record? I don't know if you would have to disclose it when applying for a license. Some states do pretty significant background checks using professional services, but still it may not show up. I would ask an attorney or possibly ask the licensing board/office in the state in which you want to practice.
People make mistakes and hopefully you've learned from them. We expect people in professional positions to be of high moral character, but there is a lot that are not (not that you aren't).

Queen Beach

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Op, more power to you for changing your life!.... However, I admit that I'm kind of disgusted because there is boundaries. I'm not saying you can't be a dentist or you will. For your case, a lot of specifics will matter. Contact a lawyer because the law statute of when this happened to the present moment might have changed, call the state board & dental schools.

spdent

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. Definitely will be contacting my lawyer before the application process next summer, just a lot of $$ I don't have right now. I wish it was sealed, the state it happened in tries individuals as adults at 17.

Queen Beach

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Contact your lawyer at least 6 months before you apply. This type of stuff takes time. Yes it's expensive, but get a real job and pay for it.

Thanks for the help guys. Definitely will be contacting my lawyer before the application process next summer, just a lot of $$ I don't have right now. I wish it was sealed, the state it happened in tries individuals as adults at 17.