Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Females: What to Wear for CS

Discussion in 'Step II' started by RustNeverSleeps, Mar 10, 2007.

1. RustNeverSleeps

RustNeverSleeps Walker, Texas Ranger
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I am taking CS this week and in doing my laundry, etc. in preparation for packing, I am pondering what to wear. I know the dress is professional, but what do people typically wear? For instance, are there a lot of blouses and button-down shirts, or is a nice sweater or knit shirt okay? Thanks for your help!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Jumpu

Jumpu Tiger Mom/Physiatrist
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    A nice sweater or knit shirt should be fine, make sure you have your white coat (probably more important).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Medical123

Medical123 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I wore a pair of nice dress pants, a knit shirt, and COMFORTABLE shoes! I passed!

4. pillowhead

pillowhead Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

something bland, boring, and completely forgettable that you would wear to wards everyday.

in fact, come to think of it, i can't remember at all what i wore and i passed!

i do find button ups a little uncomfortable though just because they tend to be form fitting for women and sometimes restrict movement.