Few days out from COMLEX/USMLE. Do i need USMLE for IM/PMR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

burritowithgreensauce

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
*it's a secret*

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I found that I did not study for 2 tests. I studied for the USMLE and tacked on a tiny dose of green book and all was well. Take the USMLE, if you're ready. You will be happy you did when the time comes to apply.

Don't talk yourself out of taking the USMLE. I know more than few folks who did and regret that choice. The game is getting more competitive. You will be competing against other D.O. students with USMLE scores.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I really do appreciate the replies everyone. Just to update, I am deciding to not take it.

Yes -- however more competive university programs will require USMLE
I found that I did not study for 2 tests. I studied for the USMLE and tacked on a tiny dose of green book and all was well. Take the USMLE, if you're ready. You will be happy you did when the time comes to apply.

Don't talk yourself out of taking the USMLE. I know more than few folks who did and regret that choice. The game is getting more competitive. You will be competing against other D.O. students with USMLE scores.
^ Excellent post.

You will be competing against other D.O. students with USMLE scores.
cFUx4f