Few last minute questions.. DAT in 24 hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDDS_11

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just have a few questions that I want to clear up for the exam, so here it goes:

Someone said on their breakdown that if you have the calculator or periodic table out and mark an answer, it will not be saved and that you should remove it before selecting the answer, is that true?

I went to the test drive and although they told me the highlighting and crossing out functions are available, it wasn't a part of the tutorial, so can someone explain how I can cross out/highlight and undo that?

Buret vs pipette (lol): I keep seeing different answers, I know pipette is for transfer and buret is for titration. But to measure a volume either was the right choice. Is buret for +10 mL while the pipette is for 10 mL and less?

I was very nervous even during the test drive. Making a careless mistake because I was nervous is the last reason that I want for getting a question wrong. How did you calm yourself down the day before/the day of the test?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
All good questions, especially the buret/pipet! I've stumbled across conflicting answers as well. I believe you have to right-click for the crossing out function. Not sure about the highlighting feature. I get test anxiety too, so I'm going to try and watch some motivational videos before I leave to hype myself up :)

Reactions: 1 user
Right click to cross and uncross, if you left click and drag across text the highlight button pops up. Take the 15 minute tutorial - everything is explained and it'll calm your nerves. In my experience all my marks and stuff stayed, but I can't recall if it was in that specific instance. Relax you got this homie!! Eat some HEALTHY foods, work out to get rid of those pre exam jitters, and stay off SDN :)

Reactions: 1 users
buret is like weirdly specific amount. say you want 13.4 and pipet is more rounded up so 13 ml.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen you a lot on here - good luck buddy! The SDN community is rooting for you.

Reactions: 3 users
Right click to cross and uncross, if you left click and drag across text the highlight button pops up. Take the 15 minute tutorial - everything is explained and it'll calm your nerves. In my experience all my marks and stuff stayed, but I can't recall if it was in that specific instance. Relax you got this homie!! Eat some HEALTHY foods, work out to get rid of those pre exam jitters, and stay off SDN :)
SAYS THE GUY ON SDN DURING HIS 30 MINUTE BREAK :mad:

LOL dude I love SDN! I quit social networking during DAT studying and haven't really gotten back to it because I check SDN so much instead :p
SDN is full of neurotic people xDD. We must've convinced so many people that a 21 is bad when it really isn't lmao. I don't have social media and stuff to begin with.. I don't even have many friends looool xD

Reactions: 1 user
I just have a few questions that I want to clear up for the exam, so here it goes:

Someone said on their breakdown that if you have the calculator or periodic table out and mark an answer, it will not be saved and that you should remove it before selecting the answer, is that true?

I went to the test drive and although they told me the highlighting and crossing out functions are available, it wasn't a part of the tutorial, so can someone explain how I can cross out/highlight and undo that?

Buret vs pipette (lol): I keep seeing different answers, I know pipette is for transfer and buret is for titration. But to measure a volume either was the right choice. Is buret for +10 mL while the pipette is for 10 mL and less?

I was very nervous even during the test drive. Making a careless mistake because I was nervous is the last reason that I want for getting a question wrong. How did you calm yourself down the day before/the day of the test?
Did you survive?

Reactions: 2 users
Yup. Also at the end of the test you have the option to only review the marked questions instead having to scroll through every single question.

is there a way to do it by clicking some button on the keyboard? or would we have to click "mark" and then click "next" to go to the next question?