1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Few Qs about Tufts debt...

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dcam7271, Dec 26, 2008.

1. dcam7271

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I was wondering if any current Tufts students or graduates could elaborate some on the debt situation after graduation (assuming one is in debt about/around 320K and ^).

Is this amount extremely hard to repay?
    Is one able to live comfortably while paying back these loans as a dentist?

How good of a decision do you feel going to Tufts is/was?

Also if anyone has heard, what is the average salary the first few years out of Tufts? How different would it be if someone lives/practices in the NE as opposed to Florida?

Boston was awesome. I liked almost everything about the school. So, since I'm pretty sure I'll be attending Tufts, any info anyone can contribute would be very helpful, thanks.

2. cybermech

7+ Year Member

Dental Student

#2 cybermech, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  3. cybermech

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I've actually spoken extensively with relatively recent Tufts grads. Also, the dentist I work with graduated in 2001 from Tufts.

Though, looking at your questions, these are questions that pretty much apply to most schools. Repaying debt is a function of where you live and how productive your work is. Obviously, if you live in Manhattan and work in a community clinic, it will take you longer to repay your loans. I believe there are various federal repayment programs that you can apply for though. Also, if you buy out a practice, you will have another loan on your head as well.

Also, Tufts is fairly clinically oriented. You will be well prepared once you get out, or so my contacts tell me. Also, I think you will be hard-pressed to find someone with something bad to say about the school. I think most people generally liked their education there.

If you have additional questions, you should address them to the Tufts admissions... I'm sure they'll put you in touch with a student.

As for me, I'm going to Tufts next year. I hope you decide to go!