Few Questions for those who have been there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redwings54

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. So I tried posting this in the post bac forum but really didnt get any answers back so I am posting here instead. Sorry to the admins, but I was hoping for some more advice. So here is my situation: 3.04 overall, 2.83 science. MCAT taken twice 25(7V, 9B, 9P), 24(all 8's), but both will expire next app cycle if I dont get in. RA, TA, chem tutor, chair of community service org, captain of rugby team, chem research with publication and presentation at national conference, and a international fellowship studying psychoneuroimmunology in Russia and Scotland. Also, shadowing MDs and DOs as well as working in a hospital for 2 months as a phlebotomist.

OK, thats the background crap. The options I am looking at now are as follows:
-Taking a few classes online this spring from Berkeley to boost up science GPA
-Taking an EMT course to get more medical experience and maybe provide a job to do part time during a post bac
-Apply to Drexel MSP for next fall to boost GPA, take grad classes to prove I can handle the material and retake the MCAT
-UPenn special science program which is all undergrad, but can help boost my GPA a lot and is well respected
-LECOM and PCOM post bac programs at their DO schools to increase my GPA and prove I can handle the work

So these are my main options I think. They all cost about the same amount and require me to move to a new place. I really like osteopathic schools philosophy and have no real qualms about the stigma or difficulty in getting into really hard residency spots since I either want to be a pediatrician or a fp doc. So if anyone has any experience with these schools or has any advice I would be very appreciative. Thanks in advance. Also, if anyone has done these programs and gotten into a school, allo or osteo, please let me know. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.