Few questions regarding the AMCAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoldenSword

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, maybe these are the same questions you may also have:

1-For the section where you enter your coursework, they ask about
the ACADEMIC YEAR, I have had a few SUMMER courses.
So, my question is if I have a course from Summer 2006, the ACADEMIC YEAR for that course would be 2005-2006, RIGHT ?

2-On the Work/Activities section, one of the options is PUBLICATIONS, well I have not had one yet, but I am trying to Co-Author a paper in my research this year, So, I'll have it done by about a year from now. Could I include this or not ? !!!

Thank you guys. Please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all, maybe these are the same questions you may also have:

1-For the section where you enter your coursework, they ask about
the ACADEMIC YEAR, I have had a few SUMMER courses.
So, my question is if I have a course from Summer 2006, the ACADEMIC YEAR for that course would be 2005-2006, RIGHT ?

This is from the Help page for the 2007 AMCAS app:
Courses taken in the summer should be entered with the next academic year, even if your institution considers them in the previous year. For example, if you took a course in the first summer session of 2001, you should enter it as 2001-2002 even if your school considers it in the 2000-2001 academic year.​

May want to check in the help sections of the '08 app just to make sure, but it should be there, at least from my experience they usually do a pretty good job of explaining specifics in the Help section. So on my '07 app my summer courses taken in the summer of '05 were listed in the 2005-2006 academic year.

2-On the Work/Activities section, one of the options is PUBLICATIONS, well I have not had one yet, but I am trying to Co-Author a paper in my research this year, So, I'll have it done by about a year from now. Could I include this or not ? !!!

Thank you guys. Please let me know.

I wouldn't include it by saying that you've already co-authored a paper, but if you are currently working on the research you could definitely put that down, along with the fact that you are currently working on a paper, but don't put anything down you haven't already done. Later on when you get something published you could always send schools an update letter with that info.

Thank you so much for your help nlax30 !

I will definitely refer to the help section.

cheers.