Fiancial Aid -fafsa @ Usn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gvsk

pharMAFIA!!!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HI! ALL

This is regarding the financial aid that an average candidate will receive per academic year if he/she fills out the FAFSA form.

I filled it out 2 months before the dead line.

Any idea how much aid i may get, what the aid comprises of (grants or loans) and does the aid with grants or loans cover the entire tuition.

Any info on this financial aid and funding oneself throuh loans etc etc will be appreciated..

Thanking You,
Sincerely,
Sai Krishna Gangavalli.

Members don't see this ad.

You will need to contact the school directly for that info. I talked to them last week about financial aid and they told me they had had problems and the fafsa's haven't been pulled yet. They will not be looking at aid for p1 for at least several weeks.

HI! ALL

This is regarding the financial aid that an average candidate will receive per academic year if he/she fills out the FAFSA form.

I filled it out 2 months before the dead line.

Any idea how much aid i may get, what the aid comprises of (grants or loans) and does the aid with grants or loans cover the entire tuition.

Any info on this financial aid and funding oneself throuh loans etc etc will be appreciated..

Thanking You,
Sincerely,
Sai Krishna Gangavalli.
Are u a US citizen or an eligible non citizen(e.g LPR,refugee,asylee,etc)?...if that u will be qualified for federal financial aid.If u require I-20 to come to the US to school,that means u'll require F-1 student visa and u'll not be eligible for federal financial aid.In that case,u will have to take out private loan with credithworthy co-signer that's a US citizen or LPR.And yes,federal financial aid(which include grants and loans)covers ur tuition and ur expenses cuz each school based it on the total cost of attendance every year that includes the estimated room and board,transportation,etc.So,definitely,it will cover ur tuition first and then u get the residual check to do whatever with it.I know all these for fact cuz I have worked in financial aid office b4.If I'm wrong,somebody should correct me in case something else has changed.But in any case,consult with ur school financial aid's office first and don't take my words for it.Good luck in ur future endeavors.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes i am a permanent resident of the USA. green card holde.. filled by fafsa as mentioned 2 months before the dead line..

is the news abt USN fafsa's failing true?

The computer systems had problems, nothing failed. They just hadn't been able to pull the fafsa from the fed's system to theirs or something of the nature. When I talked to them they thought that the fafsa would be pulled this week.

When is the deadline for financial aid? I just got in last night. I haven't received the package yet.

what kinda packet are we supppiosed to receive

what kinda packet are we supppiosed to receive

I believe they are referring to the acceptance packet. Other than the official letter of acceptance and the acceptance/rejection form it also had info on applying for financial aid, student health insurance and a form to specify your preferred way to pay tuition.

dr deyoung said the finacial aid office will give look into my aid only after i send them the grades of my pre reqs remaining