Coursework & Fieldwork Fieldwork at NYC Pediatric Hospital?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cally

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am in my third semester in my MSOT program at California State University Dominguez Hills and am beginning to plan for potential fieldwork II sites. It would be an absolute dream to do one of my fieldworks at a pediatric hospital in New York City. I understand that it's extremely competitive, but I wanted to try to see if there was anyone on here that knew of a way in.

Typically to do a FWII at a pediatric hospital, students need to have prior hospital experience, so logistically it would be my second FWII site that should begin in January 2017. If I were to do my FWII at an outpatient pediatric clinic, I would have more flexibility to begin either September 2016 or January 2017, but I think I would get more out of a hospital experience so that is what I am aiming for. If any of you have any contacts at NYC pediatric hospitals or clinics that would be willing to take on a hardworking OT student, that would be amazing!

Thanks everyone! I appreciate all of you. :)

P.S.
I made this spreadsheet when applying to OT schools. If any of you aspiring OT students find use in it, great! Feel free to edit it. I posted this a few months ago but thought it might be a good idea to share it again :)

Best,

Calvin

Members don't see this ad.

Not many options in NYC. Mt. Sinai in Manhattan occasionally takes teenagers for SCI from what I heard. If you want strictly inpatient peds, check out St. Mary's. My hospital has peds but it's outpatient.