Fight Science Show needs information

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FightScience

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I work for a show called Fight Science and I am doing research on the physical affects of being a sniper, namely, remaining immobile for days at a time with no sleep. I want to see how this affects one's body as well as ability to focus.
I am also looking for information on special forces diver training, particularly with the British Special Boat Service people. I'd like to know the physiological changes and effects that take place from diving, increasing lung capacity and tolerance to cold.

If you could provide me help in finding any of this information I would greatly appreciate it.
Please email me at [email protected].

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for your interest in our military and troops. I think you need to talk to a real subject matter expert which would be a Marine sniper from a Recon Battalion. I'm assuming you are on the east coast so a reasonable starting point would be the 2d Recon Battalion at Camp Lejeune, NC. There are also several good books on Amazon.com written by Marine Corps snipers.

Actually on the west coast, but any information would help. If anyone could provide me with some medical information and sources that would be best.

Thank you.

You might try 1st Recon Battalion, Camp Pendleton, CA: http://www.i-mef.usmc.mil/div/1reconbn/default.asp. I think your question would be best answered by a senior Marine who does this for a living. For example, someone at Marine Corps Scout Sniper School would be intimately familiar with the training, physiology etc.