Figured I'd See

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CornSprint

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

So I recognize that there are a million posts similar to mine, but I couldn't find any that fit especially well so I decided to make my own. I suppose this is why there is an entire section devoted to questions such as these!

Essentially, I am curious as to what my chances are for getting into various tiers of medical school, given that my GPA is below the median for most med schools but I have a difficult major/minor at Cornell. Here it goes:

Major: Biological Engineering
Minor: Mechanical Engineering
GPA: ~3.65
MCAT: 40S

Varsity Athlete/Captain
Honor (/Service) Fraternity President/Various Chairs/Delegate
Traditional Fraternity VP/Service Chair/Rush Chair/Historian/Class President
Hall Council President/Representative
One summer of full-time research (current-may continue)
Paid employment as personal trainer + volunteering with high school teams
Teaching Assistant: Biochemistry (2+ semesters)
Various shadowing and one summer of heavy clinical experience/assistance

Any feedback people have would be greatly appreciated. I've already sent in my primary (odd how turning it in the Monday after the Wednesday deadline still feels so late around here!) and can say I have applied to a wide range of schools.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Essentially, I am curious as to what my chances are for getting into various tiers of medical school, given that my GPA is below the median for most med schools

With a 40 MCAT I wouldn't worry too much about that. :laugh: Your GPA is fine and your EC's are good so you will have a good chance at almost every school.

Good luck! :thumbup: