file still under review (LECOM)..what does that mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neo3777

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just called LECOM today to see why i havent heard back on a decision about my application there..i was told that my file was still under review and that i would be contacted once a decision has been made. what exactly does that mean? are they waiting to see what the rest of the applicant pool is looking like until they make a decision? i interviewed there on the dec. 2nd, so its really high time they make up their mind. i already got into NSUCOM (yay!)..but LECOM had been one of my top choices since i wanted to go to school in state. can anyone tell me what this means and if there is anything i should do while i wait?

p.s. this might be why LECOM is taking so long for you all that were waiting to here back from LECOM..

Members don't see this ad.

neo3777 said:
i just called LECOM today to see why i havent heard back on a decision about my application there..i was told that my file was still under review and that i would be contacted once a decision has been made. what exactly does that mean? are they waiting to see what the rest of the applicant pool is looking like until they make a decision? i interviewed there on the dec. 2nd, so its really high time they make up their mind. i already got into NSUCOM (yay!)..but LECOM had been one of my top choices since i wanted to go to school in state. can anyone tell me what this means and if there is anything i should do while i wait?

p.s. this might be why LECOM is taking so long for you all that were waiting to here back from LECOM..

there is people interviwed there in November and they just found out about the decision this week. you still have long time to go. do not worry just give them some time.

according to the experiences of other applicants..dont expect to hear anything by march

Members don't see this ad :)
mikeypo0 said:
according to the experiences of other applicants..dont expect to hear anything by march

I do not think march. may be next month.

to the OP,

I called them up as well and they said the same thing to me.. file was reviewed, but no decision was made... they will meet again soon and should hear something soon.

Give LECOM at least 30 days. They are very, very backed up right now- I guess their admissions office has been understaffed.

At my interview, they told us that if our file was complete, it would go to the adcom for review on the following Wednesday. If your application was put on hold, then they said you would be emailed.

Just give them the full 30 days and hopefully you will hear something.

Good luck!