filipino med scholarships

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

pokster

guys, meron bang mga scholarships para sa mga gustong mag-med school???
patulong naman....salamat!

Members don't see this ad.

Gov't schools like UP and PLM are generous with financial aid or scholarships. Other schools like UERM and FEU are starting to give more scholarships to attract those with high grades or NMAT.

UST has scholarships available for deserving students. The cut-off grade isn't really that high to maintain it. I had a few classmates who graduated medicine without paying for the very high tuition rate. Different scholarships have different requirements. Some are for the achievers(with very very good grades), some are for those average students who work hard to be a future physician. Best to ask around the school on the types of scholarships available.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm reposting my previous answer to a similar question in this forum...
Usually, some scholarships are given by private medical schools (like UERM) to incoming freshmen who meet a required general weighted average during college, usually the cum laudes of their batch, irrespective of course or school. This is called entrance scholarship. It usually lasts for the 1st sem only. Range? depends on the school.

After the first sem, you can start applying for academic scholarships offered by your school, or by its alumna (requirements are listed in the student handbook or you can ask the Registrar office of the school). Some private individuals/companies also give scholarships but you'll have to ask around. You'll need to maintain a GWA of 1.75 or higher to be an academic scholar and some require proof of income because they only select those who really need it. Discount is usually 25% off the tuition fee.

Call the schools you're interested in applying and ask about their current tuition fees. Tuition for UERM is around 70k (1st sem SY 2006-2007), so I'm guessing all other private schools probably are at the same tuition fee range. UST is probably at the 90 or 100thou already (when I went to med school 5 yrs ago, their tuition was at 60-70thou already).

Schools allow you to pay the tuition fee in installments, although you'd have to ask how it works.

ah ganun ba??

salamat. um balak ko kasi sana mag-UST since alumni dun ung parents ko pero talagang ang mahal ng tuition fee kaya kelangan ko talaga ng scholarship kahit discount lang..salamat po sa mga nagreply