Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Filler Classes last year?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by speedwalker, Apr 17, 2018.

1. speedwalker

speedwalker My dreams will come to fruition

Pre-Medical
    Is it fine to just take 6 credits last semester of university? I just need 6 credits to reach 120 for graduation because I already finished major's requirements. And is it fine if one of the classes is like basketweaving101

#1 speedwalker, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jdp00921

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'd imagine that your senior semester wont really make a difference if you have all the pre-reqs for med school and completed everything necessary for your degree. However, be careful with 6 cr because if you are receiving financial aid, there may be a minimum number of credits required. If you don't meet that minimum, you may be forfeiting your aid without even realizing it. Def look into that first.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

TurtleyReady4Med likes this.
  4. lordolah

Pre-Medical
    If you’re paying to be a full time student, might as well take something that sounds interesting or intellectually stimulating. As long as you have pre-reqs done, it won’t matter. My recommendation: it never hurts to learn a foreign language ;)

5. TypeADissection

2+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    The way I did my undergrad, I ended up in a similar situation. Took a weight lifting class which actually was quite helpful and still use those principles today. Not that I'm a power lifter or anything like that, but just solid fundamentals that I take with me to the gym. I also took...wait for it...yacht racing. Yeah that's right. Needed another 3 credits to burn and decided to learn how to sail one of those little JYs. Lots of fun. Capsized a bunch of times. But a very enjoyable way to finish out my college career. None of this ever came up when I was interviewing for med school. Cheers.

Detective SnowBucket likes this.