1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Filling out AP Credit Courses on application

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by juan7677, Jun 5, 2002.

1. juan7677

juan7677 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I was wondering if anyone knew how to fill out your high school AP credit on the course section of the application. I read the directions but I still don't quite understand. What do you put for the START date and END date? and what do you put for the college course #?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DATMATT

DATMATT SISU
    7+ Year Member

Type is the letter "A" and grade is "P" for pass. Use the college course equivalent for the course code. That is what I did for calculus.

GOOD LUCK!

datMatt

4. juan7677

juan7677 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks DATMATT. But still don't understand the directions. This is what the directions say:"AP Credit received in high school should be recorded, using college code of 99999-(high school AP credit), starting and ending dates of "month/year" and a term type of "semester".

What does it mean by College Code 99999-(high school AP credit)? And is the start/end date referring to when you first took the AP test and when you last took it?

5. cusp of carabelli

10+ Year Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by juan7677:
    <strong>Thanks DATMATT. But still don't understand the directions. This is what the directions say:"AP Credit received in high school should be recorded, using college code of 99999-(high school AP credit), starting and ending dates of "month/year" and a term type of "semester".

What does it mean by College Code 99999-(high school AP credit)? And is the start/end date referring to when you first took the AP test and when you last took it?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">the college code of 99999 refers to where you enter which school you were in. since you were in high school, 99999 is the default for all high schools. The date is the date of the class....(i.e. for one school year it would be 9/01-6/02) and the term type is where you can pick between quarter system grades and semester system grades. for these high school ap classes, they want you to classify them as semester system. so if you took ap history and passed the ap test last year you'd put:

99999 history 9/01-6/02 semester P

6. juan7677

juan7677 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks cusp