Final AAMC CBT to take before 8/16 test?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gilbertjgreen

Such an unoriginal handle
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've taken AAMC 3 CBT and AAMC 8 CBT, scoring 29 and 35, respectively. Any suggestions on what AAMC practice test should be my final one this Sunday before next week's test? I've heard 8-10 are the overall hardest, and 3 has the hardest science, but not much about 4-7.

I'm thinking go for another overall difficult test and take 9 or 10, in preparation for the real one, which people keep saying is somewhere in between AAMC 8-10 and a Kaplan practice. But, I'm not sure. . .

Members don't see this ad.

either 9 or 10.

I've taken AAMC 3 CBT and AAMC 8 CBT, scoring 29 and 35, respectively. Any suggestions on what AAMC practice test should be my final one this Sunday before next week's test? I've heard 8-10 are the overall hardest, and 3 has the hardest science, but not much about 4-7.

I'm thinking go for another overall difficult test and take 9 or 10, in preparation for the real one, which people keep saying is somewhere in between AAMC 8-10 and a Kaplan practice. But, I'm not sure. . .

thanks for the reply. i realized soon after i posted and i'd settled down a bit that it was kind of a lame thread to post. seems you can't fine tune enough as you approach the actual thing. i'll be doing 10.

I have the exact same question actually. My only doubt to taking #10 is AAMC expects everyone to take it... so the chances of them using a simular passage subject on the real MCAT is rare :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I have the exact same question actually. My only doubt to taking #10 is AAMC expects everyone to take it... so the chances of them using a simular passage subject on the real MCAT is rare :/

not a bad assumption...I was saving 10 for last, but I should probably review all the other exams next week. :cool:

you know, the whole "what's going to be on the test?"-"i can somehow predict by cancelling out prior test topics"-thing seems erroneous to me. it just appears there's no way at all to know. for me, i'm going to take #10 because i'd like to take what is assumed to be one of the hardest practice tests the AAMC has to dish out.
i, like everyone else, have been checking people's responses to the test as they return from test day, trying to ascertain what to focus on, but i haven't studied (or not studied) these topics at the exclusion of others. i guess, in the end, i would say do #10 cause it's hard and it will keep you in the mindset of approaching a hard test.

obviously you should go over as many tests as possible. I'm going to do 10, but I'm just going to focus more on the other tests when reviewing (i'm not saying dont review it at all).