• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Final AAMC CBT to take before 8/16 test?

gilbertjgreen

Such an unoriginal handle
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 29, 2007
In A Book
  1. Pre-Medical
    I've taken AAMC 3 CBT and AAMC 8 CBT, scoring 29 and 35, respectively. Any suggestions on what AAMC practice test should be my final one this Sunday before next week's test? I've heard 8-10 are the overall hardest, and 3 has the hardest science, but not much about 4-7.

I'm thinking go for another overall difficult test and take 9 or 10, in preparation for the real one, which people keep saying is somewhere in between AAMC 8-10 and a Kaplan practice. But, I'm not sure. . .

NewKidin2block

10+ Year Member
    7+ Year Member
    Jun 3, 2006
    1. Non-Student
      either 9 or 10.

I've taken AAMC 3 CBT and AAMC 8 CBT, scoring 29 and 35, respectively. Any suggestions on what AAMC practice test should be my final one this Sunday before next week's test? I've heard 8-10 are the overall hardest, and 3 has the hardest science, but not much about 4-7.

I'm thinking go for another overall difficult test and take 9 or 10, in preparation for the real one, which people keep saying is somewhere in between AAMC 8-10 and a Kaplan practice. But, I'm not sure. . .

About the Ads

DieselD

10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Sep 15, 2006
      1. Medical Student
        I have the exact same question actually. My only doubt to taking #10 is AAMC expects everyone to take it... so the chances of them using a simular passage subject on the real MCAT is rare :/

not a bad assumption...I was saving 10 for last, but I should probably review all the other exams next week. :cool:

gilbertjgreen

Such an unoriginal handle
        10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Jun 29, 2007
        In A Book
        1. Pre-Medical
          you know, the whole "what's going to be on the test?"-"i can somehow predict by cancelling out prior test topics"-thing seems erroneous to me. it just appears there's no way at all to know. for me, i'm going to take #10 because i'd like to take what is assumed to be one of the hardest practice tests the AAMC has to dish out.
          i, like everyone else, have been checking people's responses to the test as they return from test day, trying to ascertain what to focus on, but i haven't studied (or not studied) these topics at the exclusion of others. i guess, in the end, i would say do #10 cause it's hard and it will keep you in the mindset of approaching a hard test.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.