FINAL BATTLE: May 15...Where are you going?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuakerPreMed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
With only four hours left in May 14th on the east coast ... it's decision time, baby!

University of Chicago Pritzker for me. Unless some weird waitlist action occurs...

Starting a list:

University of Chicago: QuakerPreMed

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't somebody else start one of these already?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious,who did you turn down for U of C and who are waiting on.

>>>

Last edited:
wow, so it's not by may 15th, it's before may 15th?

wow, so it's not by may 15th, it's before may 15th?

"In fairness to other applicants, when an applicant has made a decision, prior to May 15, not to attend a medical school that has made an offer of acceptance, the applicant promptly withdraw his or her application from that (those) other school(s) by written correspondence delivered by regular or electronic methods."

"By May 15 of the matriculation year (April 15 for schools whose first day of class is on or before July 30), each applicant who has received an offer of acceptance from more than one school choose the specific school at which the applicant prefers to enroll and withdraw his or her application, by written correspondence delivered by regular or electronic methods, from all other schools from which acceptance offers have been received."

So I guess it depends on just HOW final your decision is?!
From http://www.aamc.org/students/applying/policies/applicants.htm.

has anyone successfully gotten schools to let them keep multiple acceptances until they heard financial info?

has anyone successfully gotten schools to let them keep multiple acceptances until they heard financial info?
As long as you ask the schools for an extension, you can do this. I had a friend last year who was deciding between Harvard and Michigan on a full-ride and was able to take 2-3 more weeks to decide because she got permission.

If you are holding acceptances at two schools each of which has not provided you a fin aid award, you can ask each of them to let you hold on to the other school until they provide you an award.

I called my schools. One would absolutely not let me wait. So.. had to make the decision w/o one financial package.

I called my schools. One would absolutely not let me wait. So.. had to make the decision w/o one financial package.

Yeah sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

So SuperHiro - don't worry about it maybe they wouldn't have allowed you to do it anyway.

Q: How many Bush Administration officials does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are a delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effect. Why do you hate freedom?

LOL!!:lol: