1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Final DAT prep. recommendations

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by adam11, Nov 9, 2002.

1. adam11

adam11 Member

What was your final prep. for the week before exam? Did you find it more beneficial to review practice exams or continue review ing test prep. books(Kaplan, etc.)?

What did you guys do the day before the test? Take day off and relax or study?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor

Dentist
    Hi Adam,

The final week was so nerve racking. I was so tired of looking at the kaplan book (since I reviewed it 5 times) that I went to the library and got SAT II prep books and AP prep books and looked at those.

Everyone told me I was burning myself out, however I studied until the minute before my exam began. I just work better that way. I would review the kaplan notecards and just think positive. You've done what you could.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

DesiDentist

4. juan7677

juan7677 Senior Member

The day before the test I woke and early and studied for like 10 hours and went to sleep early like at 10pm.

5. Brand

Brand Senior Member

I crammed like a mad man. I think it paid off. Good luck. Practice the PAT as much as possible. I thought the study guides were much easier than the actual exam.

6. tinker bell

tinker bell 1K Member

I scheduled my real test at 10am. So 2 weeks before the real test, I take a test at 10am. Then I'll review my mistake in the pm. That's how you bring your performance to the peak of the bell curve on the test day. Sometimes I spend 10hrs just going over in depth everything I missed. 2 days before my real test, I reviewed all of the brand name reactions of OCHEM. Best of luck
    Tink

7. dent-2002

dent-2002 Junior Member

I would take practice exams for the last 2 weeks up to the last week before the exam.

The final week, I would brush up on PAT and Reading Comp, but most of all, I would go over a "crib sheet" of details.

I would make sure i have all the formulas down, the reactions for O.Chem and the tiny details, like how many CO2 and ATP for the krebs, calvin, and other detailed stuff.

I've found that no matter how many times I seem to learn it, just 3 weeks later, I'm saying how many ATPs and CO2's do you get? Is that tertiary> secondary>primary >methyl or the other way around?

If you can cram these details the last week, I think may help.