final school list for 504/3.63

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medbunny56

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
delete

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should probably consider more DO schools.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
even with schools that indicate on their website "we consider the most recent set of scores"?
Evaluators can't "unsee" the first score.
It is similar to "striking the testimony" when information is given verbally to the jury.

Reactions: 1 user
Evaluators can't "unsee" the first score.
It is similar to "striking the testimony" when information is given verbally to the jury.

I understand. I hope the 6 point increase will be looked upon favorably

You honestly don't really have a worthwhile chance at MD. Don't waste the money, especially being from CA. I suggest applying to 12+ DO schools and putting your efforts there.

Reactions: 1 users
I count 2 MD schools where you have a detectable chance at an interview (3 if you are an Adventist).
You have very good DO options, though.

Thank you for your feedback and time! I will try to add more DO schools as well

I was thinking about adding the following MD schools in addition, do you think I should give them a try?

1. Drexel
2. Temple
3. Jefferson
4. Vermont

Thank you for your feedback and time! I will try to add more DO schools as well

I was thinking about adding the following MD schools in addition, do you think I should give them a try?

1. Drexel
2. Temple
3. Jefferson
4. Vermont
Drexel gets >15,000 applications and their 10th percentile is higher than your better score.
Jefferson gets>10K, they famously average MCAT's and their 10th percentile is higher than your better score alone.
Temple gets >11K applications and their 10th percentile is higher than your better score.
Vermont's class size is only 114 and their 10th percentile is higher than your better score..

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
I suggest you add a few more DO schools to your application such as:
AZCOM
ATSU-SOMA
RVU-COM (both schools)
LECOM (all schools)

Delete the schools in red. Add more DO schools. Add UCR IF you're from the Inland Empire. Add back UCD and UCI.

I wanted some feedback on my final school list, any recommendations would be appreciated!

reapplicant (sent my primary last year without knowing my mcat score which turned out to be a big mistake with a 498 mcat), so im trying not to apply to schools that average mcats

For this cycle,
3.63 cgpa, 3.51 sgpa, 504 mcat-127/124/125/128=(67th percentile=28 on old scale)
CA resident
tons of research experience (abstracts, presentations, publications, LOR from PI)

MD schools (my mcat falls between their ranges based on MSAR research)

UC schools (reaches)
Miami (reach)
Hofstra (reach)
Rosalind Franklin
NYMC
VCU
Indiana
Georgetown
Loyola Chicago
George Washington
FIU
Wake Forest
University of Illnois
Arizona Tucson
Arizona Phoenix

Albany
Loma Linda
Penn State

DO schools

Western Pomona
Western Lebanon
Touro-CA
Touro-Nevada
Touro-NY
NOVA

Miami and FIU will not bode well considering you're from CA with those stats.

Miami and FIU will not bode well considering you're from CA with those stats.

FIU's secondary is only $30 plus their mcat range is 498-514 and my gpas are on par with their average so im gonna give it a try

Delete the schools in red. Add more DO schools. Add UCR IF you're from the Inland Empire. Add back UCD and UCI.

thank you! ill add more DO schools
are there any other MD programs worth applying to?
i thankfully have the finances to apply to more, so I wanted to cast a wide net to have a better chance at somewhere

With a 504 MCAT, I recommend:

Quinnipiac
Oakland U Beaumont
WVU
EVMS
Rosy Franklin
MCW
Creighton
NYMC
VCU
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
Albany
Netter
The UC's mentioned above
Any DO school. Start with Western and Touro-CA

thank you! ill add more DO schools
are there any other MD programs worth applying to?
i thankfully have the finances to apply to more, so I wanted to cast a wide net to have a better chance at somewhere

Thank you!

what do you think of adding these schools?
Cali Northstate (my GPAs are above average here)
Einstein (reach)
Tufts
Buffalo
Michigan State
Medical University of South Carolina
UF
OHSU

Too many OOS schools with a 504 MCAT.

MAYBE Tufts, but the rest are a waste of $$$.

They're MCAT ******. You can do better than CN"U" anyway. Do a search of these forums and find out why.

Cali Northstate (my GPAs are above average here)

App will be a donation.
Einstein (reach)

MCAT too low
Tufts

MCAT too low for an OOSer.
Buffalo
Michigan State
UF

Super unfriendly to OOSers, plus MCAT too low.
Medical University of South Carolina
OHSU

any advice on adding these schools?

Toledo
Temple

Definite no for Toledo, probably no for Temple since their 10th percentile is a 29 ...

what about tulane , usc-greenville, michigan state, downstate or ucf? are there any other MD schools worth applying to?

Last edited:
what about tulane , usc-greenville, michigan state, downstate or ucf? are there any other MD schools worth applying to?

No to all of the above because you won't have success at PUBLIC OOS programs given that your MCAT is outside of the 10th percentile.

In our PM exchange, I stated that Goro provided you a great list where you might have some success and I stand by that information.

No to all of the above because you won't have success at PUBLIC OOS programs given that your MCAT is outside of the 10th percentile.

In our PM exchange, I stated that Goro provided you a great list where you might have some success and I stand by that information.

i dont think we ever had a PM exchange, but I did apply to all of Goro's MD suggestions and wrote quality secondaries so i will see what happens i just wanted to know if there were any other MD schools worth applying to since i thankfully have the funds to add some more schools

Out of 105 students, they only accepted 24 OOS :/ not sure if its worth applying to with a 28/3.6
i got an II with a 3.6/~29 (506) oos but yeah even then their interview to acceptance numbers are pretty low too :/

I suggest you add a few more DO schools to your application such as:
AZCOM
ATSU-SOMA
RVU-COM (both schools)
LECOM (all schools)

any other MD schools within reach?

With a 504 MCAT, I recommend:

Quinnipiac
Oakland U Beaumont
WVU
EVMS
Rosy Franklin
MCW
Creighton
NYMC
VCU
Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)
Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)
Albany
Netter
The UC's mentioned above
Any DO school. Start with Western and Touro-CA

EVMS screens out OOS applicants below 508/509, is there another school i could replace this school with? any advice on the FL schools? (FIU, FAU, USF, UCF, UF)?

I can't recommend any FL school except U Miami, as they're unfriendly towards OOSers. LECOM-B and Nova will be fine though.

Look, you're a 2x MCAT taker with your top score being < avg for MD acceptees. Your MCAT avg puts you at an even greater disadvantage.

EVMS screens out OOS applicants below 508/509, is there another school i could replace this school with? any advice on the FL schools? (FIU, FAU, USF, UCF, UF)?

any other MD schools within reach?

You keep asking this in hopes that someone will give you a list of schools you are great for, unfortunately you are far below the average of almost all MD schools and you live in a very unfriendly state. People have given you great advice above. The truth of the matter is that you are a much better DO candidate and should be focusing on that route because an MD app is likely to be very unproductive. You have enough of a shot to throw an app out to some of the MD schools listed above but your chances are slim and so you should plan accordingly.