Final School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blob_459

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all! Thank you for all your help through this process!
I just wanted advice on my final list of schools to make sure it's balanced! :D
3.77 cgpa 3.75 sgpa (very strong upward trend after freshman year) 518 MCAT (128,128,131,131) Junior at a UC
Florida Resident now but lived in Cali and was told I would be considered in-state for admissions purposes by UCLA and UCSD (haven't asked any others yet)

Research: 2 years in a Neurodegenerative Diseases Lab as part of a collaborative project but no publications/posters - My part of the project will eventually be published as part of a larger paper with two other postdocs -1000+ hours

Worked as a paid lab assistant freshman year but left since I wouldn't be able to pursue any individual projects. Clinical Volunteering: Worked as a volunteer medical assistant/scribe for 1 year at a small clinic - Involved taking patient histories & vitals, conducting EKGs and writing notes. - 400 h

Shadowing: Shadowed Orthopedic surgeons, internists & ENT docs - 50 h

Non-Clinical Volunteering:
Counselor for an org that works with children affected by cancer for 2 years including multiple weeks in the summer where we conduct a massive summer camp for them each year

Part of the Service Committee in Pre-Med Fraternity that works extensively with a local children's hospital. Helped plan and set up multiple service events and fundraisers each year - 3 years

Leadership/Teaching
Set up an org that conducts music therapy in acute physical rehab centers after being hit by a car and being hospitalized in the same center for 5 weeks
Research Editor for a Student Research Journal for 1 year - Editing and providing feedback on student research papers from multiple disciplines
Organic Chemistry Tutor - 6 months

Employment: Worked as a Resident Adviser Junior year and will continue to do so Senior Year Paid lab job freshman year for 6 months Private Tutor for Organic Chemistry - Sophomore year

This is my current list of schools:
UChicago
Columbia
Yale
Cornell
UCSF
UF
Mt. Sinai
U of Pittsburgh
U of Michigan AA
UCF
UCLA
Ohio State University
University of Cincinnati
Case Western
Boston University
UCSD
U Miami
Emory
Hofstra
Dartmouth
USC
Albany
FIU
FAU
Tufts
USF Morsani
Tulane
Quinnipac

Members don't see this ad.

Hey y'all! Thank you for all your help through this process!
I just wanted advice on my final list of schools to make sure it's balanced! :D
3.77 cgpa 3.75 sgpa (very strong upward trend after freshman year) 518 MCAT (128,128,131,131) Junior at a UC
Florida Resident now but lived in Cali and was told I would be considered in-state for admissions purposes by UCLA and UCSD (haven't asked any others yet)

Research: 2 years in a Neurodegenerative Diseases Lab as part of a collaborative project but no publications/posters - My part of the project will eventually be published as part of a larger paper with two other postdocs -1000+ hours

Worked as a paid lab assistant freshman year but left since I wouldn't be able to pursue any individual projects. Clinical Volunteering: Worked as a volunteer medical assistant/scribe for 1 year at a small clinic - Involved taking patient histories & vitals, conducting EKGs and writing notes. - 400 h

Shadowing: Shadowed Orthopedic surgeons, internists & ENT docs - 50 h

Non-Clinical Volunteering:
Counselor for an org that works with children affected by cancer for 2 years including multiple weeks in the summer where we conduct a massive summer camp for them each year

Part of the Service Committee in Pre-Med Fraternity that works extensively with a local children's hospital. Helped plan and set up multiple service events and fundraisers each year - 3 years

Leadership/Teaching
Set up an org that conducts music therapy in acute physical rehab centers after being hit by a car and being hospitalized in the same center for 5 weeks
Research Editor for a Student Research Journal for 1 year - Editing and providing feedback on student research papers from multiple disciplines
Organic Chemistry Tutor - 6 months

Employment: Worked as a Resident Adviser Junior year and will continue to do so Senior Year Paid lab job freshman year for 6 months Private Tutor for Organic Chemistry - Sophomore year

This is my current list of schools:
UChicago
Columbia
Yale
Cornell
UCSF
UF
Mt. Sinai
U of Pittsburgh
U of Michigan AA
UCF
UCLA
Ohio State University
University of Cincinnati
Case Western
Boston University
UCSD
U Miami
Emory
Hofstra
Dartmouth
USC
Albany
FIU
FAU
Tufts
USF Morsani
Tulane
Quinnipac
replace Albany with Jefferson, Western MI, JHU, U VM or Vandy

replace Albany with Jefferson, Western MI, JHU, U VM or Vandy
Hi @Goro thank you for the feedback! Was there any particular reason? Haha replacing an undershootish school with one like vandy feels less safe haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that you will be resource protected. Meaning, Albany will figure that you will be going to a better school.
Ooh okay alright I'll sub it out with one of your suggestions! :)