Final senate bill to lower compensation by 40% - all hands on deck - please call your Senators/Reps

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
California reimbursements have been moving toward Medicare rates. They've been driven down.

Surprise billing legislation is pretty much dead in water this legislative session. It didn't make it into the budget bill, and likely it won't get passed. 100% certainty it will be legislated next session.

Members don't see this ad.

Yep. ACEP sent out a flyer saying it's not happening this session.
We need to convince the public that it is us and the hospitals vs insurance. Not sure how we are going to win this one.
I bet we don't.

the only way I can see is maybe using Instagram guess I need to pose in fig scrubs to get my follower count up

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
what is that salary?

Having worked/credentialed in both states, ballpark range I've been seeing for suburban/urban places in the past year is similar for both, $200--230/h, with a couple huge outliers in both directions. Eg, $150/h for a USACS shop in my hometown in NY, which seems to have become a USACS company town ;(

Caveat is I've only looked in upstate NY and coastal CA. I have it on good faith that pay in central CA is a bit higher than this. But the regular droughts and air quality there frighten me too much to look very hard at those jobs.

Anecdota, I know.

Last edited: