final thank you letter to LOR writers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kiara08

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i sent thank you notes when my LOR first sent out the letters. in those notes i said that i would let them know what happens with the application process.

now should i sent the follow up thank you note now that i have a few acceptances or wait more towards the end of the cycle when i have a better idea of where i will be going next year

thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

I plan on writing some as soon as I get accepted, letting them know their letters were appreciated and helped gain acceptance.

I just wrote them emails when I got my first interview invite and I plan to email them again when I get my first acceptance and when I choose which school I'll attend.

Members don't see this ad :)
I only told them thank you when they wrote it and plan on sending them a card when I get accepted.

Emails are easy enough to send though, why not go for it at both points?

I sent them a note when I got my first interview, and I plan to send them a card at Christmas, a card when and if I get accepted, as well as a gift when this is all over.

yeah i was kinda planning on doing a nice card and gift and i figured that should be at then end of everything

perhaps now an email would suffice as an update

as a continuing question, what kind of gift is good...