Dagrimsta1

Current Representation of MS-3
5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2014
New York
Status
Medical Student
@Goro This message is specifically for you because you've been a huge help before to me. (No sarcasm -> you got me off my ass to go study)

AAMC verified 3.45 nonscience 3.49 sGPA 3.47 overall. Upward trend.
Just retook my MCAT on 8/4. Got a 497 previously (June 20 2015). Yes I did apply -> miserable failure.
Graduated w/ bio major (cum laude) in 2016 June.
Lots of various work experiences which include:
Valet, food service, pharmacy clerk, 2 medical offices (Over 1500 hrs for these)
Couple of school clubs (Pre med, Hillel)
About 130 hrs of volunteering (100hrs in ER, 30 in Neurology in diff. hospital)
30hrs shadowing cardio (Waste of time tbh -> learned more in med office)
6 letter of Rec (2 chem, 1 bio, 1 speech, 2 doc's [No DO's unfortunately])
Tutor experience (250hrs)
2 yrs of research (1 yr neurobio, 1 yr orgo) No pubs...

This will be my final time applying to schools b/c i cant afford another cycle (No i don't qualify for aid) and I have to move out when I matriculate b/c of personal and financial reasons. Go Loans! o_O
My MCAT will be the definitive factor obv. but it's nice to plan ahead (even though it will probably fall through). This is my third time posting in whats my chances and probably my last.

Just wanted some opinions and advice.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
If you can get that new MCAT score > 500, then you should be in decent shape, at least with some of the newest schools. Good luck!

@Goro This message is specifically for you because you've been a huge help before to me. (No sarcasm -> you got me off my ass to go study)

AAMC verified 3.45 nonscience 3.49 sGPA 3.47 overall. Upward trend.
Just retook my MCAT on 8/4. Got a 497 previously (June 20 2015). Yes I did apply -> miserable failure.
Graduated w/ bio major (cum laude) in 2016 June.
Lots of various work experiences which include:
Valet, food service, pharmacy clerk, 2 medical offices (Over 1500 hrs for these)
Couple of school clubs (Pre med, Hillel)
About 130 hrs of volunteering (100hrs in ER, 30 in Neurology in diff. hospital)
30hrs shadowing cardio (Waste of time tbh -> learned more in med office)
6 letter of Rec (2 chem, 1 bio, 1 speech, 2 doc's [No DO's unfortunately])
Tutor experience (250hrs)
2 yrs of research (1 yr neurobio, 1 yr orgo) No pubs...

This will be my final time applying to schools b/c i cant afford another cycle (No i don't qualify for aid) and I have to move out when I matriculate b/c of personal and financial reasons. Go Loans! o_O
My MCAT will be the definitive factor obv. but it's nice to plan ahead (even though it will probably fall through). This is my third time posting in whats my chances and probably my last.

Just wanted some opinions and advice.

Reactions: Dagrimsta1
OP
Dagrimsta1

Dagrimsta1

5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2014
New York
Status
Medical Student
If you can get that new MCAT score > 500, then you should be in decent shape, at least with some of the newest schools. Good luck!
Thanks @Goro. I'm almost positive I hit over 500 but you never know..

OP
Dagrimsta1

Dagrimsta1

5+ Year Member
Sep 14, 2014
New York
Status
Medical Student
@Goro
I am really sorry to be asking this but now that u know my entire CV and my MCAT (inbox), any school in particular you think I should apply to? I don't want to swing for the fences...
Much love

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
KYCOM
LMU
BCOM
all three VCOMs
NYIT-AR
RVU-UT
UIW
U WV (maybe)
ACOM
SOMA
LECOM (maybe)

I can't recommend Wm Carey nor LUCOM, for different reasons.

@Goro
I am really sorry to be asking this but now that u know my entire CV and my MCAT (inbox), any school in particular you think I should apply to? I don't want to swing for the fences...
Much love

Reactions: Dagrimsta1