final week and not sure how to make the most of it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tbhdying

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone, I hope you all are doing well and healthy.

STEP1 is in 6 days for me (3 cancellations later) and I wanted to come on here and ask how to go about my last week and make it as effective as possible. After I took my UWSA's, I looked at what I got wrong and it came down to a mere fact on FA and me glossing over it. I mostly ended up being unsure about two answers (like antagonist or agonist) that I couldn't remember the pertinent words for on FA. I just don't feel like UW explanations are the issue at this point. So I plan on going through FA for majority of my day and then going through my remaining UW question explanations for the last 1/3 of my day. What do you guys think about this approach, if you have taken the test? Should I focus on the nitty gritty details i'm missing, or focus on the big picture?

my UWSAs are:
UWSA1- 243
UWSA2- 245

biggest thing is I only took one NBME (NBME 18) about 8-10 weeks ago (when i had barely did 1/2 a pass on FA) and i got a 230. I am wondering if I should do another NBME and also the free 120? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Slightly off topic lol but i was wondering how realistic it is to hope for a 240 on the real deal at this point?

thanks for all your help SDN, long time lurker and finally decided to make an account.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think you have a good plan. I’d do the free 120. Ben Whites free 120 explanations came in handy on test day. FWIW, I scored 20+ higher on the real deal than nbme 18 and I took it closer to test day than you. I don’t know if you anki, but if not there’s a rapid review deck that’s pretty short that might be good for you if you don’t.

Edit: 240 is realistic given your uwsa2 score. As long as you don’t burn out.

I think you have a good plan. I’d do the free 120. Ben Whites free 120 explanations came in handy on test day. FWIW, I scored 20+ higher on the real deal than nbme 18 and I took it closer to test day than you. I don’t know if you anki, but if not there’s a rapid review deck that’s pretty short that might be good for you if you don’t.

Edit: 240 is realistic given your uwsa2 score. As long as you don’t burn out.
thank you so much @Ho0v-man for the suggestions!! i am doing anki currently. I didn't know about the Ben White explanations, but ill definitely check them out after I do the questions. Yeah the NBME was a very drastic transition for me after overthinking on Uworld lol, they stress me out! I'll be super thankful for a 240. Thank you once again!!

thank you so much @Ho0v-man for the suggestions!! i am doing anki currently. I didn't know about the Ben White explanations, but ill definitely check them out after I do the questions. Yeah the NBME was a very drastic transition for me after overthinking on Uworld lol, they stress me out! I'll be super thankful for a 240. Thank you once again!!
If you’re a regular anki faithful then I wouldn’t worry about that rapid review deck. It’s just over the section in the back of FA. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users