Finally done with the DAT!! Thanks for all the advice!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nob01001

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

haven't posted in a while....I just finished the DAT exam! Here are the scores:

PAT 17 66.8%
QR 19 86.5%
RC 21 82.1 %
BIO 23 98.9%
GCHEM 21 91.4 %
OCHEM 28 99.1%
TSci 23 98.6%
AA 22 97.3%

I am so shocked (positively) at my scores...I was scoring 17/18 on all the science sections of topscore exams....

PAT topscore I would usually get 21+ .... scored 4 points lower. Not exactly sure why... angle ranking is much harder on actual than on topscore/kaplan

Bio questions are phrased very differently than in Kaplan or topscore...questions on real test require critical thinking, while topscore/kaplan only requires you to memorize facts

Feel free to ask me for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

nob01001 said:
Hey everyone,

PAT 17 66.8%
QR 19 86.5%
RC 21 82.1 %
BIO 23 98.9%
GCHEM 21 91.4 %
OCHEM 28 99.1%
TSci 23 98.6%
AA 22 97.3%

I am so shocked (positively) at my scores...I was scoring 17/18 on all the science sections of topscore exams....

PAT topscore I would usually get 21+ .... scored 4 points lower. Not exactly sure why... angle ranking is much harder on actual than on topscore/kaplan

Bio questions are phrased very differently than in Kaplan or topscore...questions on real test require critical thinking, while topscore/kaplan only requires you to memorize facts

gosh, a 28 on OC??? where were you when I needed help on that section???? congratulations on the great scores! :)

nob01001 said:
Hey everyone,

PAT 17 66.8%
QR 19 86.5%
RC 21 82.1 %
BIO 23 98.9%
GCHEM 21 91.4 %
OCHEM 28 99.1%
TSci 23 98.6%
AA 22 97.3%

Nice, you organic chemistry scores are godly.

Members don't see this ad :)
nob01001 said:
Hey everyone,

PAT 17 66.8%
QR 19 86.5%
RC 21 82.1 %
BIO 23 98.9%
GCHEM 21 91.4 %
OCHEM 28 99.1%
TSci 23 98.6%
AA 22 97.3%

Great scores man. So how did you study? How long did you study. What did you use to study? What do you recommend for the gen chem and ochem? Both are kinda weak for me!! And biology since you said things are phrased differently what kind of information do you suggest studying? Any other suggestions would be also helpfull. Thanks. 22AA u are in bro.

mailis said:
nice scores! How did you study for QR

I did Kaplan practice tests (CD-Rom) and topscore...I didn't read any chapters or emorize any formulas. I skipped studying for the trig part of that section and guessed them on the exam

are there alot of human anatomy questions in the bio section?..
cuz I plan to take the dat next spring before I take anatomy and was wondering if it would be a problem..

jeejeejiji said:
cuz I plan to take the dat next spring before I take anatomy and was wondering if it would be a problem..

any biology questions you might see dealing with the human body will likely have been covered in your basic biology classes. anatomy would help you for you but won't be necessary.

jeejeejiji said:

There is NO anatomy on the DAT. However, there are several physiology questions. I recommend you take physio, anatomy will help with dental school didactics but not the DAT.