1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Finally Set!

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by DMD DOC, Jun 10, 2002.

1. DMD DOC

DMD DOC Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Well I finally decided Boston University was a correct fit for me. I finally got around to securing an apartment and I also got a new bimmer for graduation!! I saved a bunch of money on my apt only $475 a month in Boston, 2 mins from the BU medical center. I really wanted to attend Nova all along, but visiting the city and the school really changed my mind. Cost is not that big of an issue, basically you will have to work one extra year over others to pay for the loans. Also I found out at that BU has one of the best endodontic faculty, which is a field I am interested in. I thought I would finally let everyone know since I had been soo indecisive throughout the whole year. I am pumped and ready to go, school starts on August 1st but I will probably move in early-mid July.

-DMD DOC

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DesiDentist

DesiDentist G. S. Khurana, DMD, MBA
    Moderator Emeritus Exhibitor 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Congrats man. I think you will be happy there. Like you said cost should not deter you. Besides BU has one of the most technologically advanced Dental programs. Plus with that new BMW, new laptop you have to buy, and that new fantastic city you just moved to you should be loving life now. Good bye, Iowa..HELLO I Owe A.. Ton of money.

DesiDentist

4. DMD DOC

DMD DOC Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

LOL...It does suck to owe money to everyone and I am sure there are easier ways to make a ton of cash, but dentistry has its own attraction and even if it costs an arm and leg I still think its worth it (I really can't describe the attraction besides being able to help ppl and still feel like you are producing something, art-work like)....This is how I justify me investing $300K in a dental education...

- DMD SOON

5. Yah-E

Yah-E Toof Sniper
    10+ Year Member

Non-Student
    Vikas,

I'm pumped for you, one of the best feelings about getting accepted to dental schools is knowing where you want to go for sure!!! I'm disappointed that we won't be classmates, but I'm sure we'll be in contact. Good luck and congrats on that Bimmer!!! What model did you get anyways?

Andy

6. DMD DOC

DMD DOC Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

325I, I got the sport package, bi-xenon Lights, sunroof/moonroof and Harmon Kardon sound. It is going to be bimmer blue. It is going to be made on 6/14 in Germany and I should have it in early July!!! I will post pics once I finally get it. I sent an email to Su-Ann so hopefully she will remove me from her "list". It really is weird, Nova never sent me anything regarding my status.....That troubles me. Hopefully no one will have a simlair experience with applying to Nova since it really does seem like a spectacular place.

7. tinker bell

tinker bell 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

A bimmer for graduation gift? Are u a prince or the last heir of the whole family?
    I'm sure you will be very happy, to live in boston and to drive around in that new bimmer.
    My folks would never let me drive a brand new car. Wish I were you.
    Congrats....and drive carefully!!!!
    T

8. DMD DOC

DMD DOC Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Tinker Bell--

My parents know I work hard and wanted to reward me or maybe they wanted to make sure I would take care of them when they get old??? Just kidding, not a prince, actually I feel kind of bad because I am driving a nicer car than both my parents but I talked to them about it and I agreed to pay $200 of the monthly payment on the car and pick up insurance, since the gift was a little excessive....no complaints from me though!!!