FINALLY STANFORD SECONDARY!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

choker

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
stanford has finally decided to stoop and say to hell with AMCAS and they're emailing secondaries to applicants. i FINALLY got one.

so what cut have i made? what % of applicants get secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

yeah, I got it too. Funny cause I spoke to a lady the other day and she said nothing will be done with the applications until they are transmitted electronically from amcas. Then this email shows up today and I check my status online through their website and it says no matching records found. I wonder if they got tired of waiting, they have not yet updated their database or if I got the email by mistake. I hope it is one of the first two options.

I finally got a secondary too. It was the only school I hadn't heard from yet. My lab is in the building next to the admissions office and i've been there several times to ask about my application status. They would never check for me, only telling me that they haven't received most of the verified applications yet.

(sundevil1: I hope the email is not a mistake either)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if they are still screening? ;)

good news, just checked with stanford and it turns out their database just hasn't been updated yet. So I dodge a rejection for another few weeks.

i got a secondary from stanford today also

me too...i spoke with someone at AMCAS yesterday, and apparently the batch of applications Stanford downloaded on Oct. 7th had some kind of internal (Stanford-derived) error that they were trying to fix. Guess it's fixed!

Nitemagi, I like your quote. Is it based on Hindu philosophy? Awesome.

I was kind of hoping they were screening. At least that way you know you aren't TOTALLY going to waste your $$$. Still no interviews yet :(

stanford screens heavily....something like %50 or fewer applicants get a secondary.

are you sure they are screening this year?

Hey all,

For those of you who got the Stanford secondary, were you verified, and if so, how long after verification did you hear? I got verified about two weeks ago, but so far, none of the schools have received the verified copy. I'm just wondering what's up.

Thanks,

Adam