Financial Aid and Loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Qalb

-Amor est vitae essentia-
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am applying to pharmacy school right now.

I was wondering when am I supposed to apply for financial aid and loans, if I get admitted.

Should I be applying for financial aid and loans while I complete my applications?

For financial aid, would I go through FAFSA like during undergrad?

Any suggestions for lenders?

Please share your thoughts.

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering when am I supposed to apply for financial aid and loans, if I get admitted.

Should I be applying for financial aid and loans while I complete my applications?

You should most definitely apply for your financial aid through FAFSA. Make sure to turn in your FAFSA on time even if you don't get your acceptance letter until later. YOu can always get aid afterward. Lenders will vary from situation to situation. I would check with the preferred lenders for your institution that you end up attending. You don't have to apply for financial aid while you complete your applications unless the schools specifically ask you for that information (I believe Oklahoma is one that does that).

Thanks!

All the best to you binghamkid.

Members don't see this ad :)

As binghamkid had said - yes you should apply for financial aid. But FAFSA for the upcoming school year is not open until the end of December/beginning of January.
I would suggest looking up the deadlines for your various schools. Put all the schools you're applying to on your FAFSA, with the most expensive schools at the beginning of the list (learned this from a financial lady). Once you've picked a school, you can edit your FAFSA form.

When you apply, you are considered an independent (because you are in grad school now), but you should still put in your parents information (in hopes of getting other aid).

I use Bank of America, and I haven't had any trouble with them yet.

Good luck with everything! :)

As binghamkid had said - yes you should apply for financial aid. But FAFSA for the upcoming school year is not open until the end of December/beginning of January.
I would suggest looking up the deadlines for your various schools. Put all the schools you're applying to on your FAFSA, with the most expensive schools at the beginning of the list (learned this from a financial lady). Once you've picked a school, you can edit your FAFSA form.

When you apply, you are considered an independent (because you are in grad school now), but you should still put in your parents information (in hopes of getting other aid).

I use Bank of America, and I haven't had any trouble with them yet.

Good luck with everything! :)

Nice tag team =P