Financial Aid at UPitt!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just so you know..check your email! They emailed the package to me just today so maybe some others also got it!

Unfortunately, I don't really want to take out 34K in unsubsidized loans...so I am withdrawing. good luck everyone...I'm looking your way USEF :)

Hope you get in!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone else heard back from Pitt yet?

Yeah, I got mine in an e-mail a couple of days ago. It was also quite atrocious. I only got around $4,000 in grant money! They expect me to borrow around $34,000/year through UNSUBSIDIZED loans! Yuck! :oops: :mad:

I've since withdrawn from the Pitt.

Members don't see this ad :)
why doesn't the pitt fin aid package include the 8,500 of subsidized stafford loans? or does it and the 34,000 is just on top of that?

I got mine today. I also got the max in unsub and the max in subsidized loan. I have not gotten any other packages so I do not know what to compare it to. Anyway, I really liked Pitt and I am going. I made up my mind today. So Scooby, we wont be classmates at Columbia.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by reesie0726:
•I got mine today. I also got the max in unsub and the max in subsidized loan. I have not gotten any other packages so I do not know what to compare it to. Anyway, I really liked Pitt and I am going. I made up my mind today. So Scooby, we wont be classmates at Columbia.•••••NOOOOO :(

Why not :(

What did COlumbia give you?

Columbia has mad bank so they dish out the money if you really need it! Wait till you get your package before you withdraw!

yeah reesie!!!

there are gonna be something like 10 columbia grads at pitt next year!!!

Um, just checking in again. Has most everyone received the e-mail already? It's almost May 15th and not a peep about money...