Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Financial Aid at UPitt!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Scooby Doo, May 6, 2002.

1. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats

Just so you know..check your email! They emailed the package to me just today so maybe some others also got it!

Unfortunately, I don't really want to take out 34K in unsubsidized loans...so I am withdrawing. good luck everyone...I'm looking your way USEF :)

Hope you get in!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jonny-5

Jonny-5 Member

Has anyone else heard back from Pitt yet?

4. TommyGunn04

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, I got mine in an e-mail a couple of days ago. It was also quite atrocious. I only got around $4,000 in grant money! They expect me to borrow around $34,000/year through UNSUBSIDIZED loans! Yuck! :oops: :mad:

I've since withdrawn from the Pitt.

5. tBw

tBw totally deluded

why doesn't the pitt fin aid package include the 8,500 of subsidized stafford loans? or does it and the 34,000 is just on top of that?

6. reesie0726

reesie0726 Senior Member

I got mine today. I also got the max in unsub and the max in subsidized loan. I have not gotten any other packages so I do not know what to compare it to. Anyway, I really liked Pitt and I am going. I made up my mind today. So Scooby, we wont be classmates at Columbia.

7. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by reesie0726:
    <strong>I got mine today. I also got the max in unsub and the max in subsidized loan. I have not gotten any other packages so I do not know what to compare it to. Anyway, I really liked Pitt and I am going. I made up my mind today. So Scooby, we wont be classmates at Columbia.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">NOOOOO :(

Why not :(

What did COlumbia give you?

Columbia has mad bank so they dish out the money if you really need it! Wait till you get your package before you withdraw!

8. choker

choker Senior Member

yeah reesie!!!

there are gonna be something like 10 columbia grads at pitt next year!!!

9. locitamd

locitamd Senior Member

Um, just checking in again. Has most everyone received the e-mail already? It's almost May 15th and not a peep about money...