Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Financial Aid awards - do they go out this month??

Discussion in 'Financial Aid' started by Future_Doc, May 15, 2002.

1. Future_Doc

Future_Doc Senior Member

I can't wait to find out that I don't qualify for any aid and that I will be borrowing every last nickle.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. paean

paean Senior Member

Most schools already sent them to accepted applicants. If you are waitlisted, only a few will generate a "estimate" award letter. If your application was in on time, you might want to call the FAO and ask right away. If they send you an offer and you don't respond by thier deadline, you might lose any school grants ( if their funds are limited).

Hope this helps. If you have specific questions, if you post them I will try to reply quickly with answers.

4. oldman

oldman Senior Citizen
    Gold Donor

Attending Physician
    What school are you waiting to hear about finances from???

5. SicVic

SicVic Senior Member

they go out as soon as your applications are complete - so you have to check with FAO to see if they have every document needed.
    I already got my award statement - it took about 2weeks after everything on my end was submitted.
    However, the timelime may vary depending on the school or situation.
    Contact the FAO

6. eagle26

eagle26 Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It depends on the school. MCV, for example, is sending out official award letters at the end of this month/beginning of June. This is for all accepted applicants. No official award letters were sent out prior, although they did send out unofficial "estimated" letters.