Financial Aid Lenders

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kelisita

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on choosing a lender. I have narrowed down my schools preferred lenders list to two choices US Bank or Medloans. US Bank's benefits include no guarantee fee, 1/4% interest for autopay, 2% interest rate reduction after 48 payments, rebate of 3% origination fee after 24 payments and rebate of five months interest on unsubsidized stafford loan after the 2001-2002 school year. I have read over the information on Medloans but am confused at how it compares. If anyone could provide insight I would really appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the help.

Make sure you have a choice. I was informed by my financial aid office that I do not have a choice. I have to use the school's.

I went with T.H.E.'s stafford loan.
I hope i made the right choice. They seemed like they had the best plan and incentives out there.

I agree, go to T.H.E. You can find them at www.northstar.org, if I remember the webpage correctly. If I am not istaken tehy do not charge you distribution fee.

The best ones to go with (in my opinion) are the ones with 0% Origination Fee. MedCAP (Wells Fargo) and THE (Northstar) offer this. I went with MedCAP because they were on my prefered lender list.
My school simply uses that prefered list because they know how to deal with those banks.

The 0% orig fee is nice because you save that 3% off the bat, when you really need the money. So on $38,500 (max Sub/Unsub) you dont have that $1155 taken away when you really need it (during school).