Aug 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Podiatry
How does Financial Aid/Loans work for schools? I honestly have no clue as there was no financial aid presentation made at my interviews. What exactly is the process! Thanks :)

Aug 26, 2010
Not where you think
Status
Attending Physician
How does Financial Aid/Loans work for schools? I honestly have no clue as there was no financial aid presentation made at my interviews. What exactly is the process! Thanks :)
Call the school and ask to speak to their admission department and tell them you need to speak to a financial aid person there. They should have someone that can help you in your search for cash to pay for school!

D

dyk343

After you get accepted/write your letter of intent the financial aid department will be in contact with you. They will send you paper work to fill out and then they give you a bunch of money. Assuming you are an American citizen, that is more or less how it works.

The financial aid office did 80% of the work at my school.

Apr 18, 2010
The Westside
Status
Podiatry Student
I had a nice FA part at my school interview. Met the lady and she went through all the F.A. options and explained the loans. Anyways, I think you must apply to FAFSA first before the school will know how much money to award. I'm surprised noone talked to you about finances considereing you are getting >200K in debt.Unless they feel your parents will just write a check out to the school.