Financial Aid: PROFILE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TexasSnow

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone completed or attempted to complete the College Board PROFILE? I heard about the website on Friday and am wondering whether I should complete it. Should I bother filling out the forms with the deadline Feb 15th?! Does anyone have any financial aid success resulting from this website? (I thought it was a load of **** until the assistant director of admissions at Emory suggested we fill it out.)

Thanks!
TS

Members don't see this ad.

ugh :mad: those stupid things are due tomorrow? Or is that only the Emory deadline?

tinkerbelle said:
ugh :mad: those stupid things are due tomorrow? Or is that only the Emory deadline?

According to the website, the final deadline for all schools is tomorrow. :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
TexasSnow said:
According to the website, the final deadline for all schools is tomorrow. :eek:

:eek: :eek: :mad:

i still don't understand why we need to fill this or the ACCESS thing out :confused:

TexasSnow said:
Has anyone completed or attempted to complete the College Board PROFILE? I heard about the website on Friday and am wondering whether I should complete it. Should I bother filling out the forms with the deadline Feb 15th?! Does anyone have any financial aid success resulting from this website? (I thought it was a load of **** until the assistant director of admissions at Emory suggested we fill it out.)

Thanks!
TS

If you're worried about the deadline, it doesn't take very long to complete. It costs five dollars to submit PROFILE. I'm not sure what Emory's policy is...whether PROFILE is a requirement or a recommendation. I would assume that it provides the additional funds that FAFSA doesn't cover. If the Director of Admissions suggested it, I'd complete it tonight. I'm sure it would be a bigger hassle for you to secure private loans for the fall.

2tall said:
Wake's deadline is March 15th. You had be nervous there for a second.

:oops: my mistake. I misread the warning at the top of the page. Too bad the deadline for all of my schools has either passed or is tomorrow :mad:

Well, it does say PRIORITY deadline. So what's the big deal. You just won't be a priority. Fill it out!

I just filled out the FAFSA, PROFILE, and Need Access forms. I want the past two hours of my life back. All the questions were basically the same from form to form. There's gotta be a better way of doing all this.

ramblinwreckie said:
I just filled out the FAFSA, PROFILE, and Need Access forms. I want the past two hours of my life back. All the questions were basically the same from form to form. There's gotta be a better way of doing all this.

The only difference is the PROFILE wants to know how much your house is worth.