financial aid question for those accepted to LECOM Bradention

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tricia

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just recieved my Financial Aid Application Info packet from LECOM. I filled out my FAFSA, but i havent submitted it yet because Im not sure if I should add my parents info.

I've heard confilcting opinions about it and I was wondering if anyone accepted to LECOM Bradenton has submitted their FAFSA yet and if so, did you add your parents info?

I dont want to get less money because i do/don't put their info in there. I plan to call LECOM tomorrow and ask, but I just wondered if anyone had already and knows what is best. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I got the packet today also. Haven't filled out anything yet. I'm planning on calling the school and asking also. Please let me know if you get the scoop. Cheers.

I just recieved my Financial Aid Application Info packet from LECOM. I filled out my FAFSA, but i havent submitted it yet because Im not sure if I should add my parents info.

I've heard confilcting opinions about it and I was wondering if anyone accepted to LECOM Bradenton has submitted their FAFSA yet and if so, did you add your parents info?

I dont want to get less money because i do/don't put their info in there. I plan to call LECOM tomorrow and ask, but I just wondered if anyone had already and knows what is best. Thanks.

I did not add parent's info becuase I would get less money.

Members don't see this ad :)
You have no risk to put additional school on FAFSA. I added 5 schools on FAFSA school list. I will delete all the school that rejected me. Actually, you should have completed the FAFSA application before March 1st for prior amount. You still can submit but sooner is better.

She was asking if she should include her parents' info, not asking if she can add an additional school.

well the marticulation agreement said they wanted a copy of our income tax return not our parents....but then again i dont know if it will hurt if we add our parents info...please keep us all updated...thanks

did u guys include a copy of your drivers license, i just renewed mine and it only shows the new renewal date, i don't know if i should just send a copy of the W2 only and not send the copy of the drivers license.
what do you guys think?

did u guys include a copy of your drivers license, i just renewed mine and it only shows the new renewal date, i don't know if i should just send a copy of the W2 only and not send the copy of the drivers license.
what do you guys think?
its best to send everything...also i went to the tour today and did you guys know that class start august 20 something and not september?!

I submitted my FAFSA without my parent's info and then corrected it with the parent's info and my EFC came out to be the same. For grad school, you're considered "independent" anyway so I don't think that your parent's info has anything to do with how much money you get anymore. I could be wrong though...

I submitted my FAFSA without my parent's info and then corrected it with the parent's info and my EFC came out to be the same. For grad school, you're considered "independent" anyway so I don't think that your parent's info has anything to do with how much money you get anymore. I could be wrong though...

That's what I thought . I put parent's info most of the times and still got lots of amount money. But, I already talked to financial office counselor in other institution on this issue. They told me not to put parent's info if I wanted to be 'independent'. But, I am not quite sure on LECOM.

I called LECOM today and she told me that I don't need to submit parents info. You are automatically considered an independent and they don't even look at your parents info, so it isnt even looked at when figuring your loans.