Quantcast

Financial Aid Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Member244322

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
I have been accepted to a medical school and offered my financial aid award, but I am also on the waitlist at my top school. It is unlikely that I will get in off of the waitlist since I am on the lower tier. My question is should I go ahead and accept the financial aid at the school I have been accepted to or wait? And also what happens if I accept the award offer but then get in the my top choice and go there? Thanks.

bigdogrob4284

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think you can go ahead and accept it now. It's not like accepting the offer is the same thing as literally taking out the loans. I think its all tentative until you actually matriculate.

Member244322

Reaction score
Does anyone else know for sure? I don't want to make a mistake by accepting it.

ibuprofelin

Reaction score
I think you can go ahead and accept it now. It's not like accepting the offer is the same thing as literally taking out the loans. I think its all tentative until you actually matriculate.

This. You can accept it now and wait on other offers. You aren't committed until you sign the papers to actually matriculate into the school.