Financial Aid Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theunderdog

Medical Student (Slave)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I already know where I am going for medical school.

Does the school send out fin aid / scholarhip information first?

OR do we have to apply for FAFSA first before they could send out that info?

anyone know? i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

U of Mississippi sent me info about financial aid with my acceptance leter.

Don't hold up your FAFSA by waiting. You could always check the school's financial aid website.

It depends on the school, but go ahead and submit the FAFSA. A lot of schools also have additional forms or info they want. You can call the school or check their website to find out.

Good news is that FAFSA processing time is really fast right now. I submitted last night and it was processed by today.

Members don't see this ad :)
tigress said:
It depends on the school, but go ahead and submit the FAFSA. A lot of schools also have additional forms or info they want. You can call the school or check their website to find out.

Good news is that FAFSA processing time is really fast right now. I submitted last night and it was processed by today.
same here tigress...submitted mine on sunday night and it was processed yesterday and it says that they would be sending the info to the schools. I was really happy 'cause i thought I was late in the process.
I have monitored your posts on SDN for a while now and I noticed you are always on-time with your stuff...from amcas to secondaries and I am like that aswell. But do you think we may be a tad-bit late in the financial aid/money scramble....

I don't think it's late at all. For me it doesn't matter, though, since I haven't included parental info on my FAFSA (still debating whether to go back and add it). So I'm not going to be considered for institutional aid anyway. But even if I had included it, I think any time in February is still perfectly okay. The schools probably won't really start seriously considering aid until after February anyway, I'd think. And of course the timing doesn't matter for the federal loans. So I'm sure we're fine :)