Financial aid, What are you doing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fmfcorpsman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what DO medstudents are doing to pay for their education. I have applied to UHS and Des Moines. The tuition at UHS is 26K, which ranks second highest of the medical schools that I applied two(including MD). With the cost of education skyrocketing and society getting ever closer to nationalizing health care, I was curious as to what kind of financial assistance current medstudents are using to lessen the load. I personaly have been considering having the NHSC foot the bill but I don't know enough about the program.

Members don't see this ad.

Army HPSP and stafford loans.

Better hurry up if you are seriously considering NHSC- the app. deadline is March 31!

i seriously considered having the army pay for med school, but decided against it. luckily, my school isnt expensive either...its about 6K for just tuition. pretty nice compared to most other schools i think. by the way..i wouldnt say that "nationalizing healthcare" is on the horizon. i guess it depends on what you mean by "nationalizing" and "closer."