SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Financial Aid

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by eternalrage, May 9, 2007.

1. eternalrage

eternalrage Even Kal has bad days... 10+ Year Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    So I was hoping I could get my financial aid award notices before May 15th because it would help me decide between multiple acceptances, but both of my schools don't start processing financial aid stuff until end of April/sometime in May!!

Is this normal? Do most schools not process financial aid till after May 15th (I guess that would make sense to minimize redistributing monies)? If so I guess financial aid really can't factor into deciding between schools?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Zetterberg07

Zetterberg07 2+ Year Member

May 7, 2007
    Sometimes, if you ask, schools will give you a couple weeks extension to wait on financial aid packages.

4. Vano

Vano 7+ Year Member

Feb 26, 2007
    got mine today from SLU, all the paperwork including institution forms was done by late march

5. ltrain

ltrain Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Did you call the schools to check? One of my schools was able to give me an unofficial, "projected" package over the phone, even though official packages won't be out until later in May.

6. eternalrage

eternalrage Even Kal has bad days... 10+ Year Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Yeah I called to check : (

7. alwaysaangel

alwaysaangel 5+ Year Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Orange, CA
    MDApps:
    Call and ask if they'll extend the deadline for you.

8. HumbleMD

HumbleMD hmmmm... 7+ Year Member

Sep 22, 2006
    East Coast
    Not even an estimate? All of my schools could at least get out an estimate if not a full package. I'd bet they could at least let you know about scholarships.