Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MonkeyNuts!

Even Kal has bad days...
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was hoping I could get my financial aid award notices before May 15th because it would help me decide between multiple acceptances, but both of my schools don't start processing financial aid stuff until end of April/sometime in May!!

Is this normal? Do most schools not process financial aid till after May 15th (I guess that would make sense to minimize redistributing monies)? If so I guess financial aid really can't factor into deciding between schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Sometimes, if you ask, schools will give you a couple weeks extension to wait on financial aid packages.

got mine today from SLU, all the paperwork including institution forms was done by late march

Members don't see this ad :)
So I was hoping I could get my financial aid award notices before May 15th because it would help me decide between multiple acceptances, but both of my schools don't start processing financial aid stuff until end of April/sometime in May!!

Is this normal? Do most schools not process financial aid till after May 15th (I guess that would make sense to minimize redistributing monies)? If so I guess financial aid really can't factor into deciding between schools?

Did you call the schools to check? One of my schools was able to give me an unofficial, "projected" package over the phone, even though official packages won't be out until later in May.

Yeah I called to check : (

Not even an estimate? All of my schools could at least get out an estimate if not a full package. I'd bet they could at least let you know about scholarships.