• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Financial Aid

BUmiken12

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2001
Waco, TX
    I think this was asked before, but I couldn't find it. If I'm planning to pay for medical school all on my own (through loans of course), do my parents' tax forms need to be included into my FAFSA?

Another question for San Antonio people: Have any of you received info concerning your financial aid?

Thanks in advance...

VienneseWaltz

10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jan 26, 2003
    Baltimore
    1. Attending Physician
      FAFSA doesn't require it, but your med school almost certainly will if you want to be considered for institutional loans. I, too, am not taking money from my parents, so there's no point in my parents' disclosing their information to anyone ... which they have refused to do, somewhat understandably ... you can imagine how well that's gone over with med schools ...

Nefertari

Undercover Premed
      7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Aug 20, 2002
      CA
        For more info, please check out the separate financial aid forum. One of the moderators compiled a list of threads w/ FAQs. Unfortunately, it doesn't get as much movement, and I'm almost tempted to post some FA questions in pre-allo for a better response. Hopefully, there'll be more traffic there as financial aid app season approaches.

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.