Financial aids for international students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClearDay

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I posted this in the Financial Aid forum, but no one ever visit those forums.
Does anyone here know about any financial aids available for international students who will be going to an MD school in the US? I know that federal loans are out, but I don't know what else are realistically there? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

ClearDay said:
Hi everyone,
Does anyone here know about any financial aids available for international students who will be going to an MD school in the US? I know that federal loans are out, but I don't know what else are realistically there? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

you're probably going to have to contact each school you're interested in directly...they should be able to help out. i'm guessing state schools probably won't have much funding for international students, but some private schools might. your best bet, however, is probably going to be looking for privately funded scholarships or loans. another option would be to contact the embassy of your country here in the united states...some embassies have funding for students from their countries or at least have resources to help you find funding.

ClearDay said:
Hi everyone,

I go to a private school and there is absolutely no financial aid (grants or loans) for international students. One of the qualifications for admission for international students is proof that they are able to finance their education. From speaking to the international students in my class, I think this is the policy pretty much everywhere (please correct me if I am wrong). I think your best bet is to try to find funding in your home country.

I've heard that the east coast is a bit tougher on Financial aids for international students. I'll contact the embassy and also see if my bank has any options for me.

Thanks,