Financial Independence....dental edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think it depends on what you expect from the book.

When I read it, I knew nothing about investing, money, finance, etc. But reading that book motivated me to learn more and more. I would not be here without that book - it was one of the most catalytic books I've read in my life. It introduced me to the concepts of passive income and real estate investing in a humorous, easy-to-follow way.

It's not a hard or long book to get through and I think everyone who is interested should give it a read.
THIS.

This is exactly how I value this book. Maybe not a book for strategies, or a book telling a truthful story, heck maybe all lies. But nonetheless it inspired my 14 year old self to learn and pursue financial literacy. And that has made (and hopefully will make) all the difference.

Plus it was easy to follow and im not much of a reader. I still read it at times to this day to remind me how passionate it made me when I was younger, because losing focus is so damn easy and I want to keep learning and practicing financial literacy. Also introduced me to many books id otherwise never read.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
This manner of speech makes you sound like such a democrat..
Um, ok... It sounds like you are attempting to insult but I was referring specifically to conservatism in the financial sense. I think most of the people on this forum are or are trying to be financially conservative. My point was that, in my opinion, that can be taken to an extreme (as Ramsey would likely advise) to the point that one is paying down debt, while missing a window of opportunity to contribute to retirement accounts. If that offends, so be it. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Um, ok... It sounds like you are attempting to insult but I was referring specifically to conservatism in the financial sense. I think most of the people on this forum are or are trying to be financially conservative. My point was that, in my opinion, that can be taken to an extreme (as Ramsey would likely advise) to the point that one is paying down debt, while missing a window of opportunity to contribute to retirement accounts. If that offends, so be it. :)
No, it's not supposed to be an insult. The libs just attach a "phobia" to everyone they don't agree with lol. As I see you've done there.

But nonetheless it inspired my 14 year old self to learn and pursue financial literacy. And that has made (and hopefully will make) all the difference.

You started at 14? Damn...
I started like....1.5 years ago.

:thumbup:

You started at 14? Damn...
I started like....1.5 years ago.

:thumbup:
Haha i only started reading about investments! I couldn't get started really till 18, but you seem to know more than me probably lol

Haha i only started reading about investments! I couldn't get started really till 18, but you seem to know more than me probably lol

Trust me- I've barely scratched the surface.

Guys, check this website out - you can input the maximum monthly budget you wish to spend & the lifestyle you want to live (and several other filters), and the website shows you EVERY PLACE in the WORLD where you could make it happen:

https://www.theearthawaits.com

This was posted on the r/FinancialIndependence subreddit.

Guys, check this website out - you can input the maximum monthly budget you wish to spend & the lifestyle you want to live (and several other filters), and the website shows you EVERY PLACE in the WORLD where you could make it happen:

https://www.theearthawaits.com

This was posted on the r/FinancialIndependence subreddit.
That's legit.

What's your favorite place?

I'm loving Thailand. Awesome mountains to the North, beautiful beaches/islands in the South, all you can eat amazing street food, gorgeous weather, friendly people (Thailand is known as the "Land of Smiles" for a reason), great healthcare system, and above all, very easy on the wallet.

Here is the estimation I received for an "Opulent" lifestyle (which is the highest quality of life/living standard available) in Chiang Mai, Thailand:

chiangmi.png
Portugal. Cheap living even in a large city with a decent sized apartment. I speak Portuguese and relatively, the cost of living is cheap outside of housing.