finch admissions committee decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I

indigoblue

last time i called, the secretary told me that the admissions committee did not get to my application in the previous round. i think she said march 12 was the day they were going to look at it and make their final decision. she said to call back after then. i don't want to call on monday march 15 only to find out that they haven't decided yet. i'm 99.9% sure she said march 12.

i haven't been accepted anywhere yet, or interviewed anywhere else for that matter.

i interviewed at finch on january 29. it's almost as if my whole future will be determined next monday!

Members don't see this ad.

do they have an online status page you can check?

ide probably call on tuesday or wednesday again...but you may get a call before to let you know of your acceptance (well thats of course if they call). i know how the wait feels.

good luck!!!

Hey,

I also interviewed on January 29th at Finch, and I also recently called to check the status of my application. The interviewer said that my file has not been reviewed and that I should call back on March 15th. So I am in the same boat as you are. Just wait until the 15th and give them a call. I am sure they will have the decision by that date.

Good luck to you.

Members don't see this ad :)
didn't mean to ignore your question docmemi.... finch does not have an online status site...

any update? did you get the good news from Finch?

i interviewed on the 29th, called back a week later, was accepted.

some helpful advice: when u call admissions, get one person's name, and keep harassing that one person(in a nice way of course).

good luck to all of you who interviewed

That's Great News! Congrats! I'm interviewing there late next month ... it'll be the greatest thing if I find out w/in a week as in your case. thanks for sharing the news.

When I interviewed there I was told that the committee will make the decision on March 12th and I just got my accpetance today, so check your mail.

thanks, I'm most likely going to turn them down. I've gotten a couple other more attractive acceptances though I still haven't heard from my top schools.

I didn't fill out a survey but I've read them and I don't have much more to add to what was there. The one thing that kind of upset me is that we were there till 2 and we didn't get lunch. I felt kind of edgy during the tour cause I just wanted the day to end.

thanks for the tip ... i think i'll pack a couple of power bars. i heard from several people that the "no lunch thing" and long wait for the interview turns out to really suck. i guess i'll bring the ipod and some snacks.