Quantcast

finch admissions committee decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I

indigoblue

Members don't see this ad.
last time i called, the secretary told me that the admissions committee did not get to my application in the previous round. i think she said march 12 was the day they were going to look at it and make their final decision. she said to call back after then. i don't want to call on monday march 15 only to find out that they haven't decided yet. i'm 99.9% sure she said march 12.

i haven't been accepted anywhere yet, or interviewed anywhere else for that matter.

i interviewed at finch on january 29. it's almost as if my whole future will be determined next monday!

docmemi

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
do they have an online status page you can check?

ide probably call on tuesday or wednesday again...but you may get a call before to let you know of your acceptance (well thats of course if they call). i know how the wait feels.

good luck!!!

beponychick

SDN Angel
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I also interviewed on January 29th at Finch, and I also recently called to check the status of my application. The interviewer said that my file has not been reviewed and that I should call back on March 15th. So I am in the same boat as you are. Just wait until the 15th and give them a call. I am sure they will have the decision by that date.

Good luck to you.

I

indigoblue

didn't mean to ignore your question docmemi.... finch does not have an online status site...

talk2me

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
any update? did you get the good news from Finch?

ashkan33

expert timewaster
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i interviewed on the 29th, called back a week later, was accepted.

some helpful advice: when u call admissions, get one person's name, and keep harassing that one person(in a nice way of course).

good luck to all of you who interviewed

talk2me

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
That's Great News! Congrats! I'm interviewing there late next month ... it'll be the greatest thing if I find out w/in a week as in your case. thanks for sharing the news.

TheRussian

Life Size Mirror
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I interviewed there I was told that the committee will make the decision on March 12th and I just got my accpetance today, so check your mail.

TheRussian

Life Size Mirror
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks, I'm most likely going to turn them down. I've gotten a couple other more attractive acceptances though I still haven't heard from my top schools.

I didn't fill out a survey but I've read them and I don't have much more to add to what was there. The one thing that kind of upset me is that we were there till 2 and we didn't get lunch. I felt kind of edgy during the tour cause I just wanted the day to end.

talk2me

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks for the tip ... i think i'll pack a couple of power bars. i heard from several people that the "no lunch thing" and long wait for the interview turns out to really suck. i guess i'll bring the ipod and some snacks.