Finch/Chicago Med MS programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DesiMDHopeful

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was recently just accepted into Chicago Med's program for MS in Medical Imaging Sciences. Anyone out there know anything about this program and it's success rate for getting people into med school? Ive heard that the unwritten rule is that all MIS students are granted an interview from Chicago Med and most, if not all, are accepted if they complete the program with good grades. Any former students of this program or any current Chicago Med students out there who can shed any light? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I declined and reapplied.I got 4 acceptances this year. I had a friend who did the program a few years back and he hated it becuse it was so competive.He rocked on his boards and transfered ou. The y accept about 62 and around 48 get in( accoring to admissions), so your chances are good but you have to kick butt.It is 44000 gamble. The school has been sued numerous times over this program since 1995 becuase of there literature info.They initailly had 80 people and said anybody with a 3.4 would get in. Well when almost all the people did that and better there were 30 angry individuals and 50 happy ones. If you have to think twice about the program do not do it. I f you say sign me up then go for it. Proceed with caution. I did not even apply there. Some docs told me to that CCOM was better regarded in Chicago and produced better clinicians. I woulld agree. I do not know how old you are but I have been at this game for 6 years and have applied two times. I have improved what I needed and now i have lots of choices. Access your situation and go from there. It is an avenue to be a physician.Can you afford the 44k gamble ? --Good Luck!!

Sorry that is tha ms in Applied Physio. Can speak for certain about the the MIS program. But it is CMS , so proceed with caution.--Good luck!!